No more sources in Video database! (not even after import)
After a clean install of build 29166 on WinXP (uninstalled the previous build first), I import my video library.

But for some reason, I see no sources in Videos>Files! I can only add new sources.

In the video library, I do see all my tv shows and movies. But doing an update doesn't give me my new tv shows.

How is this possible? I do not want to add my video sources again because then what's the use of exporting/importing my library?

I tried importing older versions of my library (not that old, first one I created last monday om build 28917).
Why didnt you just copy in your sources.xml to the userdata folder?
Shouldn't sources.xml be copied when I import the database?
Also weird: I (always) install XBMC as portable, still there is an XBMC folder in Document & Settings\user\appdata containing a video and music database (I see .tbn files)...

Or is the correct way to import your database after a clean install: set sources + content just the way it was before, then import database ?
Seems weird, if I would set a slightly different name for a source, it might not work... so copying sources.xml would be the only option?
But this is nowhere stated in the wiki, the need for backing up sources.xml, even if you use the import/export feature.
zilexa Wrote:Shouldn't sources.xml be copied when I import the database?
Also weird: I (always) install XBMC as portable, still there is an XBMC folder in Document & Settings\user\appdata containing a video and music database (I see .tbn files)...

Or is the correct way to import your database after a clean install: set sources + content just the way it was before, then import database ?
Seems weird, if I would set a slightly different name for a source, it might not work... so copying sources.xml would be the only option?
But this is nowhere stated in the wiki, the need for backing up sources.xml, even if you use the import/export feature.
The easiest option i found was to just keep your userdata folder, though this only works when upgrading. This way has served me well for the last year or so with no problemsCool
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Ok but still I'd like to know how the import/export feature should be used....
It's purely for you library and not sources.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No more sources in Video database! (not even after import)0