Adding TV shows from nested CIFS filesystem not working?
Hi,

I have been playing with my new-ish XBMC setup, which is:
Ubuntu Karmic/XBMC Camelot/MythTV backend for DVB-S live TV/NAS content.

I am just using plain Windows shares on the NAS to access content for the moment - no UPnP stuff as I am unsure what the benefits of that might be.

I have created a profile for adults and one for kids.

TV shows on the NAS are organised as:

Code:
/Media
   /TV
       /Adults
          / <series name>
             / <season #>
          / <another series name>
             / <season #>
      /Kids
         / <series name>
            / <season #>

i.e. a top-level TV dir, under that one for Adults and one for Kids, with series/season dirs under this.

My plan was to add the Kids directory to the Kids profile as a video source, and just add the TV directory to the Adults profile as a video source (so I'd get both Adults and Kids subdirs).

Kids works fine.

Adults profile though, does not. If I add the TV dir as my video source, it gets very confused indeed and appears to try to identify "Adults" as the name of a series (which does not work at all of course), and similarly "Kids" ad the name of a series. So I end up with a just two spurious series called something like "Adult Commercial Break" and some similar strange "Kids" thing thing, each with hundreds of unidentified "episodes" in them.

None of the actual series/seasons under the subdirs are identified correctly, despite being pre-scanned with Ember Media Manager and having .nfo files and fanart/posters etc in place already.

To make it work for Adults, I have to add 2 video sources: at the level of "Kids" and "Adults" subdirs in my hierarchy above.

It looks like it will identify a series only if this is one level down from the source that you add, only.

Is that correct? Did I do something wrong?

Is this an example of something which would work better if I used a UPnP source?

Thanks,
Liam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding TV shows from nested CIFS filesystem not working?0