Regular updates of IMDb rating (also with other scrapers)
Here's an updated version.

imdbratings_1.3.zip - 4.1 Kb

changelog:
data now scraped directly from imdb.com with actual movie's imdbid from db (fixes movies with empty or wrongly updated data)

Because of using imdbid method let me know if this works with TMDb scraped movies (IMDb scraped movies works fine). imdbid is the only method which can guarantee 100% accurate updates.
Thanks i'm going to try this out on my db
also if someone encounter errors like:

Code:
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: argv in /home/xbmc/scripts/imdbratings/fetchimdbrating.php on line 19
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: 1 in /home/xbmc/scripts/imdbratings/fetchimdbrating.php on line 48

it's because of wrong php config and you have to delete /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini
Is it possible to get this to work with dharma on windows?
The ratings are the only thing that annoys me with my library scraped via themoviedb.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:also if someone encounter errors like:

Code:
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: argv in /home/xbmc/scripts/imdbratings/fetchimdbrating.php on line 19
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: 1 in /home/xbmc/scripts/imdbratings/fetchimdbrating.php on line 48

it's because of wrong php config and you have to delete /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini

I got the following:

Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ sudo imdbratings/updateratings.sh
[sudo] password for xbmc:
PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/mcrypt.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.2-1ubuntu4
Content-type: text/html

Suggestions ?
Not the answer for this tool, however, an alternative approach for those using mysql. Ember Media Manager (vaguely unsupported now) with Rogue's scraper allows selective update of metadata into nfo files and Ember's own internal database.

I use this to run a periodic update of rating and votes information across all movies then run a script to extract the information from the Ember database and load into mySQL then perform an update across the xbmc_video database. Apart from the re-scrape, the subsequent scripted update takes seconds
Jefman Wrote:I got the following:

Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ sudo imdbratings/updateratings.sh
[sudo] password for xbmc:
PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/mcrypt.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.2-1ubuntu4
Content-type: text/html

Suggestions ?

I made some googling and found that mcrypt.ini had some bug regarding commenting, instead of # it should be ;.

changed this and also removed old php.ini file and now all runs well !
gmk2 Wrote:Not the answer for this tool, however, an alternative approach for those using mysql. Ember Media Manager (vaguely unsupported now) with Rogue's scraper allows selective update of metadata into nfo files and Ember's own internal database.

I use this to run a periodic update of rating and votes information across all movies then run a script to extract the information from the Ember database and load into mySQL then perform an update across the xbmc_video database. Apart from the re-scrape, the subsequent scripted update takes seconds
Is there some sort of howto for xbmc (windows version) on how to do this? I'm a bit of a newbe to xbmc but I also would like to update the ratings from my movies. Though I have changed quite a few thubnails and fanart from the default ones I do not want to change these.
Scidd0w Wrote:Is there some sort of howto for xbmc (windows version) on how to do this? I'm a bit of a newbe to xbmc but I also would like to update the ratings from my movies. Though I have changed quite a few thubnails and fanart from the default ones I do not want to change these.

Hi,

After I solved how to use the new updated script above I found out that the TMDB scraper have a setting to use IMDB ratings instead.

although as an answer to your question, you should be able to use this script on windows as well. You will need to install php and probably change the paths to windows paths and instead of running the updateratings.sh you run fetchimdbrating.php from CMD.

I can't verify that it will work, I guess the developer of the script can help us out ?
I think it would be great if this software comes part of this project: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83304
Jefman Wrote:After I solved how to use the new updated script above I found out that the TMDB scraper have a setting to use IMDB ratings instead.

The script is actually useful if you like to keep the ratings up-to-date. Smile

Jefman Wrote:Although as an answer to your question, you should be able to use this script on windows as well. You will need to install php and probably change the paths to windows paths and instead of running the updateratings.sh you run fetchimdbrating.php from CMD.

I can't verify that it will work, I guess the developer of the script can help us out ?

Unfortunately I can't help with other platforms. I'm not an original developer of the script, I've just made some aesthetical changes to the code and I don't understand completely how php works. But I think one would need a windows sqlite3 command line tool to work with db replacing parts of code with ... exec('sqlite3 -line...
ezechiel1917 Wrote:The script is actually useful if you like to keep the ratings up-to-date. Smile

That's true, the scraper only adds rating ones the movie is read. With this I can update on weekly basis.

Thanks again !
On Windows 7 I get the error during install it from zip file,

can you create this awesome plugin as Dharma Addon, pls ?
castortray Wrote:On Windows 7 I get the error during install it from zip file,

can you create this awesome plugin as Dharma Addon, pls ?

This is NOT an addon! You install it seperate from xbmc (check the readme).

I guess it would be nice to rewrite this as an addon, but I have no experiencing in python.
oh, sorry,
but if this working with Dharma ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regular updates of IMDb rating (also with other scrapers)1