Wont shut down anymore
Hi i updated my xbmc and now when i push the power button on my remote or shutdown manually a x comes on screen and then it asks for my xbmc login so i have to shutdown with the button on front of computer any ideas of how to fix this?

Thxs
I cannot seem to be able to shut down xbmc either. The only way is to shut down my box totally.

Any ideas? I'm running the lastest xbmc and snv

thanks
Anyone got a answer?
Depending on what version/what you have done this may help.

Quote:sudo apt-get install policykit-1 devicekit-power

sudo nano /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla
add:
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action=org.freedesktop.devicekit.disks.*;org.freed esktop.devicekit.power.*;org.freedesktop.consoleki t.system.*;org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable;org.freedesktop.hal.device.volume
ResultActive=yes
ResultAny=auth_admin
ResultInactive=yes

To be sure you should create a debug log first and check of this is the problem.
@bornslippy: are you using a recent svn build?
CrystalHD Installer XBMC Community Forum Thread -
Apple TV CrystalHD Installer Announcement - Broadcom CrystalHD Installer
http://www.sartori.at/ - my weblog

Sync your MAC and Google Account (+ Google Apps) - Click here for 5$ Discout

Living Room: HFX Micro black - Zotac IONITX G - Intel X25V - Hama remote
Bedroom: Linux AppleTV - CrystalHD
andy204 Wrote:@bornslippy: are you using a recent svn build?

I have the same problem - running SVN 30014 - can't shutdown from within XBMC or when i drop to terminal - have to use the power off button on HTPC!
Rather than start a new thread, I'll add my problem to this one as it is related.

First of all, I am a complete Linux novice, but I'm learning fast...

I have XBMC Live on a Revo R6310 and I've updated it so that I have the latest NVidia drivers and the wireless now works. I have rebuilt the machine a number of times, as I was learning how to set it up and I didn't want any potential hiccups from my earlier attempts; however, I now have 2 problems that I don't know how to fix:

1. If I choose Shutdown, the machine shuts down XBMC and then automatically restarts XBMC, whereas it used to shutdown the PC. I have gone into the System menu and I only have 2 Shutdown configuration options: Suspend or Hibernate. At present it is set to Hibernate, but it doesn't even do that.

2. If I choose to just close XBMC from the Shutdown menu I get a full screen of repeated garbled characters, none of which are a recognisable font or language. I can still type in commands and the area where the commands appear on screen changes, but the characters are still unrecognisable.

Any pointers or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wont shut down anymore0