5.1 system & revo 3600 xbmc
Hi all,

Well I've been thinking about buying a 5.1 system, but since the 3600 doesn't have optical out I'm wondering what would be the best system for me to choose?

Would it be worth buying a system whereby it has HDMI in and then go from the reciever to the TV with the hdmi out?

Are there any alternatives to doing this?

And does anyone here have any 5.1 recommendations for me?

Sorry for all the questions,

thanks.

Mutty.
I have an Onkyo receiver that has four HDMI inputs. Everything goes to the receiver and then just one HDMI to the TV.

It works fine and it's a lot fewer cables then separately running video to the TV and optical audio to the receiver.
rcrh Wrote:I have an Onkyo receiver that has four HDMI inputs. Everything goes to the receiver and then just one HDMI to the TV.

It works fine and it's a lot fewer cables then separately running video to the TV and optical audio to the receiver.

Same here. Just be sure to get a system that actually processes the audio over HDMI instead of just acting as a switch. I bought my HT6100 last year for this reason. I almost bought an HT5200 which has 4 HDMI inputs, but doesn't actually process any audio on the HDMI ports.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 system & revo 3600 xbmc0