Adding "Internet" resulted in a small window
Hey guys,
please help me...

I have installed the LiveCD created by xbmcfreak.nl and I am using the confluence skin.

First I installed a Script for starting firefox with the programm-launcher which worked perfectly (choosing "programs", firefox).

Secondly, I added the following lines to home.xml to start firefox directly from the menu.

<item id="12">
<label>Internet</label>
<onclick><onclick>XBMC.System.Exec(/usr/bin/firefox)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/firefox.jpg</icon>
</item>

It worked, but Firefox opened in a very small windows in the right upper corner of my screen.

I then closed Firefox.

Afterwards xbmc was shown in that small windows and I can't access the menu options anymore. RSS-Feed runs, database is scanning, but there is no cursor or keyboard-Input when using the mouse or the keyboard.

I then restarted the pc, but the small window is still there.

Can anyone help me fixing this? It looks like that this obviously a linux problem, isn't it? I am still able to access the system with Putty from another pc...

And finally, what do I have to do to start Firefox in a better way?
Should I better add this line?
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(/home/xbmc/scripts/firefox.sh)</onclick>

Please help!

Kind regards!
Have you considered to test running the script instead of the bin?
Yeah, but the problem now is that I always have this small screen in the right upper corner of my TV (also with xbmc). It's probably a 200x200px window, very small, so I think that Ubuntu (?) has saved the last resolution that firefox used when I started it....
Ok.
If you place the mouse pointer in xbmc and press \ it goes to fullscreen.
(in xbmc live \ on US keyb layout)

deleting guisettings.xml will also put you back to scratch.
Thx, deleting the .xml-file worked. I will now go on and check if I can load firefox.sh instead of the bin...keep your thumbs up!
ok, if I should be a bit more constructive I can explain that the whole purpose with the script & fluxbox stuff is to fix the small screen problem you had.
Therefore you do need to run the script, it not related to launcher per se, you can run a bin from the launcher as well. (at least with the help of a link)
Well, as you surely have expected, the .sh file cannot be loaded. So how do I run or rather embed the script into home.xml? The .sh file is usually loaded by the launcher...

I followed this thread ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71664 ) to install firefox. Should I add something like this:

#!/bin/bash
fluxbox &
firefox
killall -9 fluxbox

?

Kind regards and thanx!
That I dont know. If there is a XBMC.RunScript I would indeed expect it to run scripts.
I assume you tested XBMC.System.Exec(/home/xbmc/scripts/firefox.sh)?
Hi!

Using "Exec" works. Thanx a lot, I appreciate your effort.

Have a good night!

Take care!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding "Internet" resulted in a small window0