Fresh install very slow/jerky
Question 
Hi all,

I have bought myself a ASUS ION330HT and thought this would be a great time to get myslf involved into Linux too. so I downloaded and installed the latest Linux Ubuntu 9.1, which went well. I then followed the instructions for installing XBMC, and I was due to go out during this part, so I was flicking in and out of what was happening. I think one of the processes I think it was this line ...

sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone

said it had network problems(I get a lot of ups and downs with my internet connection at home). So anyway I thought oh well, I'll just reinstall it later, turned all off, and went out.

Came back to it last night, and tried to run these commands again, but they say its already installed. I found an icon for XBMC so ran it. When I run it, it runs like its pendulum in a bowl of porridge.

now not knowing anything about xbmc or linux, I am kind of at a loss (understatement! Blush) If I suffered from this in windows (my normal home Rolleyes) I would make sure my video drivers are up to date, uninstall and reinstall the xbmc software. but both of these actions I'm unsure of how to do in Linux Huh.

can anyone help me out with this?Nod
Cheers
in theory the idea is the same, remove and reinstall.
but being that you are new to linux it may be more hassle then its worth

if this box will only be used for XBMC, consider xbmcLIVE
a pre-configured utlra slim ubuntu linux that only runs XBMC
its the best way to get that set-top-box feeling with little or no hassle

the XBMCbuntu wiki is another route
but until you are comfortable enough to roll your own
i wouldn't recommend it

if starting over itsn't an option, then check out HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fresh install very slow/jerky0