We need a name!
Absolutely. I agree 'Official' should be part of the name to keep the options in the market clearly distinguishable.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
freezy Wrote:Could you guys live with that?

I do believe that is essentially what I suggested from the beginning (post 3), so yes, I could most definitely live with that. Smile
Do it!
Walldo Wrote:Hi folks, I registered just to post in this thread.

I've been using XBMC on my old xbox for years now but I decided to upgrade to the Revo box setup in my new apartment. I came across the XBMC remote for my Android phone on the site, so I went to the marketplace to download it.

There are 4 or 5 apps that come up for "XBMC" on the market. The best name for the app is Official XBMC Remote. It is direct and to the point, and leaves no ambiguity that it is the app you want/NEED.

Coming up with a fancy name for it is nice and all, but when in down Keep It Simple, Stupid.

I like that. Just add 'for Android' to the end, giving a nice acronym of OXRA which can be pronounced. For people concerned about the title, just have it be 'OXRA - Official XBMC Remote for Android' in the market title entry.
Personally I think something along the lines of "XBMC Remote for Android" (with or without Official prefixed on it) is very precise and to the point - people will never find it if it's called "Remote Control of Awesomesauce from the planet Mediacenter".

But if we have to be all fancy, then: "XBMCemote" - at least it'll show up when typing XBMC into android market.
ASRock ION 330, Lucid Lynx, XBMC Dharma (beta 2)
I read though the whole thread with an idea in mind only to find it's suggested at the end. "Official" deffinately needs to be in the name. If people are wanting accronyms why not OXAR: The Official XMBC Android Remote?
NotShorty Wrote:On the contrary. Crappy search means the best way for people to find your product would be to include "XBMC" in the title. The more unique the name is, the less likely people are to find it.

XBMC Remote for Android.
+1, and OFFICIAL is also good to have in the name -> ORXA
Or OCRA - Official xbmC Remote for Android
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
The Official (XBMC) RemoteDroid.
Xoid
Official XBMC Click (Klik) Remote
@XBMCc - Android XBMC Control
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
Roelio Wrote:@XBMCc - Android XBMC Control
I like that.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
+1 for keeping it simple and to the point. why complicate it?
Yup, that's what we did. Closing.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
We need a name!0