OSD menu problems when playing video
I am a long time user of Xbmc for XBox and just recently got a mac mini and have been using xbmc for mac on it.

Only problem is when I am playing a video or dvd, when I bring up the OSD menu, all of the settings are for the ProjectM visualization and don't give me any actual settings for video. I have tried the stable release and a nightly build with the same results. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.
What skin are you using?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pm3 hd
Mind screenshoting what you see, plus grab a debug log of the process?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sorry it took so long to post this. Image

xbmc.log

This only happens on my mac mini which only has 1GB Ram...could that be a factor? I have removed and reinstalled xbmc with the same results. I have mac pro that does not have this problem when I run xbmc on it. Thanks for any help.
1) thats confluence not pm3.hd
2) thats the music OSD in the video page
3) thats a way old version of the skin update
What am I doing wrong? I just downloaded and installed xbmc-9.11-x86 using pm3.hd.

xbmc.log
remove userdata then reinstall. see my sig.
i have already removed /library/application support/xbmc and reinstalled into /applications
Have you been playing with the keymap ? or using some custom device to control it ? because for some reason its opening the Music OSD for you instead of the video one they are 2 different commands and maybe your remote has them mapped to 1 ?
bigcletus Wrote:i have already removed /library/application support/xbmc and reinstalled into /applications

xbmc looks only in

"/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XBMC" for user prefs

Not in "/applications..." nor in "/library/application support/xbmc"

In fact "/Library/application support/xbmc" should not exist. "/Library..." is reserved for OSX items as is "/System/Library..."

You might see similar things inside "XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC" but those will get over-ridden by what's inside "/Users/<username>/Library/Application support/XBMC"

Also watch and preserve the case in paths, OSX can be setup to use a case-sensitive filesystem and filename/path casing is important.
Jezz_X Wrote:Have you been playing with the keymap ? or using some custom device to control it ? because for some reason its opening the Music OSD for you instead of the video one they are 2 different commands and maybe your remote has them mapped to 1 ?

I am using a ps3 BD remote via remote buddy. Everything else seems to work properly with it. I use the direction buttons on the remote and move the selection down to the settings icon on the screen and press 'select' on the remote and it gives me the visualization settings and not the video settings. I have not changed anything with the keymap.

davilla Wrote:xbmc looks only in

"/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XBMC" for user prefs

Not in "/applications..." nor in "/library/application support/xbmc"

In fact "/Library/application support/xbmc" should not exist. "/Library..." is reserved for OSX items as is "/System/Library..."

You might see similar things inside "XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC" but those will get over-ridden by what's inside "/Users/<username>/Library/Application support/XBMC"

Also watch and preserve the case in paths, OSX can be setup to use a case-sensitive filesystem and filename/path casing is important.

what I meant was I removed the "~/Library/Application Support/XBMC" and the application bundle from "applications". Then copied the new version over to "applications" . I followed the instructions per the wiki
Try using a mouse/keyboard to eliminate the possibility of the PS3 remote being a problem.
Thanks for all the help. It was the remote buddy software mapping the ps3 remote buttons. I ended up following the harmony setup info in the forum and ditched the ps3 BD remote altogether. The ps3 remote would gobble up batteries on a weekly basis! What a POS. Now everything works perfectly.
yeah the ps3 remote is constantly draining battery because you can't reliably standby the bluetooth connection

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD menu problems when playing video0