XBMC audio on ATVFlash
I'm running XBMC on ATVFlash and some movies with surround sound do not play as such. I get stereo at best, yet other movies with surround playback fine. If I go to Nito TV I can confirm there is 5.1 surround sound but adjusting every possible audio setting in XBMC provides stereo at best. I've tried AC3, DTS, default settings. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Jack
pastebin xbmc.log
Thanks for your response to my question. I've now bookmarked the manual for future reference first. Still I have tried every selection on it's own as well as ganging the selections for audio and still come movies will not play back with surround and others will. As I say, under Nito I can play all of these movies with surround so the answer is beyond my technical knowledge and why I seek help. Sorry if I am over-stepping the bounds of this forum. Simply looking for some helpful assistance.

Thank you.

Jack Tunnicliffe
Avid XBMC Fan
debug log needed, detail in mine or davilla's signature.
I looked and couldn't find a log. I did a screen grab of the directory structure on ATVFlash. I can find the XBMC application but only an info.plist. Sorry, the best I can do.

However, I opened the .m4v movie file locally on my Mac. When I checked the properties it looks like only the AAC stereo tracks play out though there is an embedded AC3 surround track on the file. If I turn it on in properties QT wants me to resave the file to accommodate the change. I'm doing that now but it is taking hours. I guess it has to totally re-write a 3 gig file. Anyway, if the save works I'll put this version back onto ATVFlash and try it in XBMC and see if it works. Hope this helps in some way. I've already watched the movie but interested in knowing how to trouble shoot this next time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC audio on ATVFlash0