Wireless outdoor speakers and XBMC
I was sitting on my balcony last night and began to think how awesome it would be to have a speaker out there so i could listen to music and maybe local radio stations mainly for sports content (ie games) I figured after a search i would post here. If anyone has done this or has ideas on how to make it work I am all ears, (no pun intended) Wink
I'm using wireless speakers in my apartment, as well as piping it to the stereo. So, I've got a miniplug splitter off the computer's stereo out. One lead goes to the stereo, one to the wireless transmitter. I have XBMC volume at max and the computer's mixer at 80% -- this gives me the most volume out with no or little distortion and overcomes some of the signal loss from the splitter. Living room volume is handled by the stereo remote and the wireless speakers have their own volume settings (also by their own remote).
One presumes you realize that "wireless" speakers are ofcourse NOT wireless. You have to plug 'em in to the power for the amp inside them to work.

As long as you have power available on your balcony they're certainly an option.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yeah ive got power outside thanks for the info guys appreciate it.
I've been using several Airport Express around the house - they connect to your wireless network, and either by using iTunes or by using a piece of software called AirFoil, you can broadcast any sound from the computer to any/all of the Expresses.

I've got about 5 of them around the house (I have a home automation system and this is how the system talks to us) - and the most amazing thing is that they are all absolutely 100% in sync. If I turn all 5 on for music during a party, you can walk room to room and everything is absolutely perfectly in sync. It's amazing!

So you could just plug one of these airport expresses into your power, add a couple of small speakers (powered or not, the AE has a small amp built in) and there you go!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wireless outdoor speakers and XBMC0