Can't get to work my AsRock ION 330HT-BD remote the way it should
Sad 
A buddy did all the stuff described in this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61571 and got it to work nicely, and I wanted to do the same.

I have the same technical configuration as him: A AsRock ION HT-330HT-BD with the included MCE Remote Control. Except he uses Win7, I use WinXp.

So I tried adding the XBMC.reg to the registry and rebooted. I tried it out with the ShowKey.exe, but seemingly it didn't work. I tried like a dozen of things but nothing had any effect at all. I read through the wiki entry again, and got an idea - it says it won't work if at that certain registry location there isn't a file already. So I deleted the reg. key/its folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIR\Remotes\ (backed it up before that), then I uninstalled the CIR drivers (Nuvoton) and reinstalled it. Rebooted, looked up the specified location in the registry - no key there. So maybe that's the issue. But why?

So, to sum up the status:
The remote DOES work in general. I can alter the windows sound volume etc. and I can navigate XBMC as far as the standard keys go.
I tried it all through with ShowKey.exe. It does recognize the arrow buttons, volume/channel up down, the power key works, the numbers, return and enter button, mute volume, the backspace button, the play, pause, etc. buttons at the top.
However, the four coloured buttons at the bottom, the four buttons below it and the 4 button row on the top below the power key (here's for demonstration: http://www.asrock.com/nettop/photo/ION%2...large).jpg) as well as the (i) key - which are the ones I tried to reconfigurate with that XBMC.reg-file, if I am not mistaken - do not work at all, i.e. ShowKey.exe won't even recognize anything if I press them.

What have I missed what I should have done, or alternatively, what exactly have I done wrong?
I would be eternally grateful for any helpful ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get to work my AsRock ION 330HT-BD remote the way it should0