XBMC - mceusb Remote Issues
Recently I have had issues where XBMC will not recognize my XBox DVD Remote. After a reboot it fixes it "sometimes" but not always. I have lirc setup correctly, can see the keypresses when using irw but XBMC just would not respond. The other day I was in terminal and tried running XBMC as sudo and the remote worked. Now if I run from terminal like:

$>sudo su
#>xbmc

It will work. It never used to require this however so I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior. Thanks for any info/help...
JATWolf Wrote:Recently I have had issues where XBMC will not recognize my XBox DVD Remote. After a reboot it fixes it "sometimes" but not always. I have lirc setup correctly, can see the keypresses when using irw but XBMC just would not respond. The other day I was in terminal and tried running XBMC as sudo and the remote worked. Now if I run from terminal like:

$>sudo su
#>xbmc

It will work. It never used to require this however so I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior. Thanks for any info/help...

I have a Problem with my Philips 5100 (lirc_mceusb2)
I have lirc working fine, if I run irw it shows all commands. When I enter XBMC I have continuos led signal on receiver and no reaction of XBMС.. some time it reacts for a second but after remote command it get blocked again.

Please help, what should I do?
(Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic) I'm not so good in linux so please explain my step-by-step.
Well your problem is one or two things.

1:
You have not setup the mappings in XBMC to lirc in Lircmap.xml

xbmc has a Lircmap.xml already programmed with the xboxremote.

The name and commands (including case perhaps) you put into lircd.conf need to match it.

ie Commands in caps and name of remote being XboxDVDDongle

correct contents of lircd.conf here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=lirc

2:

A timing issue. This drove me mad for a few hours last night. I could not get xbmc to do anything even though irw was sending the right stuff. xbmc log stated picked up the lirc device np. Suddenly it worked after I changed something and restarted xbmc (not reboot).

^_^!

reboot and was gone.

Sad

I don't know how you start xbmc but if you start using a console and the bash profile it does start pretty quick. Quicker I think than udev (always hated startup timing issues with this system) or lirc starting fully.
Simple test: exit xbmc then type exit on the console if you start with .bash_profile so it respawns or just xinit xbmc. You may find it starts working.

If thats the case in .bash_profile the line where xbmc is started something along lines of clear && startx change to sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart && clear && startx

You will have to add /usr/sbin/lircd /usr/sbin/lircmd and /etc/init.d/lirc to the sudo list by typing visudo.
There should be some other commands for power related things for xbmc already there.
Just follow it by example simple enough.

This forces lirc init to be completely finished before xbmc runs. reboot should work.

Have to say though I am very disappointed by how responsive the remote is. Even using the setting in advancedsetting.xml to delay the repeats its not the accurate crisp response I enjoy on my original xboxs.

Next step try the wiimote for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - mceusb Remote Issues0