Hipporemote does not work with XBMC
Ok is here is the other problem I am attempting to work through.

I purchased Hipporemote for my iPhone so I can control my XBMC setup.

But I have encountered a number of issues:

1. The XBMC web interface does not work. If I put the port number next to the IP I can get in, but not with just the IP.

2. The app on my iPhone cannot connect to my XBMC box at all. I thought it was my firewall, but my firewall was off completely.

3. After contacting Hipporemote support, the tech suggested I install VNC. After searching on the net, I have no idea how to do that or where I can get it.

And now a few details on the setup:

Acer Revo 1600, with XBMC 9.11 Live installed
1 GB of RAM
Connected HDMI to Onkyo receiver
Ethernet connection to Apple Airport Express router

If I need to post a log file (let me know the location of it), I will post it. If I missed any details please let me know. I do like XBMC but I have encountered a lot of these issues (Aeon skin doesn't work, scrappers do not work, Library mode doesn't work) that are making this experience a little tiring.*

*I plan on creating a full guide of all the issues I had and how they were fixed for other users. So any assistance with these issues would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:1. The XBMC web interface does not work. If I put the port number next to the IP I can get in, but not with just the IP.
In the web server crowd that does not indicate that the web server does not work... We should probably assume that the web server have been set to operate on the port on purpose.

Quote:3. After contacting Hipporemote support, the tech suggested I install VNC. After searching on the net, I have no idea how to do that or where I can get it.
I must suggest that the best approach here is that you do indeed install vnc. What else do you want to do if support tells you this?
Have you really search for vnc and found no information? Did you use google?
A tip: Live is based on ubuntu. Serach for:install vnc ubuntu
there are at least a couple of iphone apps which not only control xbmc but give you a mini-xbmc experience directly on the phone. So...why??
HippoRemote does not use the XBMC Web Interface as far as I know. It uses VNC and sends keypresses/mouse movements. So you will need to install/enable a VNC Server (XBMC Live does not include one so you will need to install it manually)

A full ubuntu install does include it, but is disabled by default so it will need to be enabled.

HippoRemote is kinda cool in the sense that it lets you use the keyboard/and mouse as well so you can close xbmc and use firefox etc.

But if your interested in JUST an xbmc remote, you should have gone with another app as they're are really nice ones out there that pull fanart, etc, and use the xbmc api.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hipporemote does not work with XBMC0