Mac Mini with XP and Logitech Harmony
I'm having a problem I hope you can help me with. I've searched high and low and can't figure out how to get this working.

I've got a Mac Mini with XP installed on it. I won't get into the reasons here why I'm not using 7. Everything is working swimmingly. Except I can't get my Harmony remote to work with it.

I've set up the remote as the Microsoft MCE Keyboard as suggested in the IR sticky. Where do I go from here?

I assume I can use the built in IR receiver in the Mini? I've got the boot camp drivers installed and they all seem to be happy.

Any ideas?
I use a Mac Mini with XP/Bootcamp and I think it's a wonderful little beast :-)

How the remote works is down to the IR receiver. The Harmony doesn't have a receiver so presumably you're using a receiver from some other remote. The easiest way to get the Harmony to work is to use the remote from the official MS remote and get the harmony to emulate the MS remote. Then follow the instructions in http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows

If the receiver is from one of the many clone MCE remotes then start by getting it working with the original handset i.e. the one that came with the receiver. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC for details. Once it's working then switch to Harmony.

I don't know of any way to use the built in IR receiver.

I use the official MS remote with my Mac Mini, along with the MS MCE keyboard for the rare occasions I need to use IE or some other program.

JR
There was not receiver with the remote, it's a Logitech Harmony 720. It's just a universal remote.

If I programing the remote for PLEX, which works if I run the OS X version of XBMC. When I try it under windows that way the OS intercepts all the commands and beeps, but XBMC does nothing.

Any one know if it is at all possible to use the built in remote? I'd rather not have to buy another piece of hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini with XP and Logitech Harmony0