Apple TV files and folders over SMB only
Equipment: ATV40G broadcom chipped patchstick xbmc, windows xp pc 3tbhdd, gigabyte network on crapcast internet

New here so little break and some guidance please..
I have a windows XP pc that is acting like a server and have setup my apple tv with xbmc patchstick and setup the smb shares correctly. I DO NOT want to bring the files locally to the ATV. (small ATV HDD)
I can see and play the files just fine.
I want to use library mode to support clip art and synopsis data via imdb.
Here is the problem: All of my music and or movies dont show up unless I go out of library mode and list all files. This shows the folders which some music/movies are in and will not show what I want.
Do I have to take everything out of folders and show individually or is there another way to accomplish what I want??
mralarm000 Wrote:Equipment: ATV40G broadcom chipped patchstick xbmc, windows xp pc 3tbhdd, gigabyte network on crapcast internet

New here so little break and some guidance please..
I have a windows XP pc that is acting like a server and have setup my apple tv with xbmc patchstick and setup the smb shares correctly. I DO NOT want to bring the files locally to the ATV. (small ATV HDD)
I can see and play the files just fine.
I want to use library mode to support clip art and synopsis data via imdb.
Here is the problem: All of my music and or movies dont show up unless I go out of library mode and list all files. This shows the folders which some music/movies are in and will not show what I want.
Do I have to take everything out of folders and show individually or is there another way to accomplish what I want??

no movies or music show up while in library mode?

have you set up the source content? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...Library%29
Amet Wrote:no movies or music show up while in library mode?

have you set up the source content? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...Library%29
Yes but some are single files no folder and some are folders with multiple files. If they need to be one way or the other no problem just thought it would see both the way you pointed out.
Also do you know which current release I should use with the broadcom chip
Movies, TV shows, Music & Pictures need to be in separate source folders to apply different scrapers to each (4 shared folders on PC).

And just for music, when i add the source folder i still had to do a "Option click" on music (source) folder and "Add to library"?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV files and folders over SMB only0