ION SLEEP/SUSPEND and WAKE/RESUME with REMOTE
I recently built a Zotag ION machine as well. I cannot get resume from standby to work via the remote.

I used the Live XBMC install without any issues. I purchased a cheap MCE remote off NewEgg (AVS Gear HA-IR01SV Infrared Certified MCE VISTA Remote Control). I am using a Harmony remote now, programmed via Logitech and the MCE remote.

My system has been very stable (I haven't had any problems at all with the system playback), with the exception of being able to resume from standby.

After reading through the forums and wiki I tried a number of things:
  • Set the auto suspend option for the USB ports ("echo USB1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup")
  • Setting the bios option for acpi wakeup. With this on, the ION would suspend and then immediately wake up. Research online says this is a problem with the first generation of the mobo. Not sure which one I have nor how to tell.Huh

When the ION is in standby and I try to wake it up (via the PowerToggle), the remote sensor does light up (red led), so it is getting power. However, the system won't wake up unless I press the power button on the PC. Sad

Any help would be appreciated (or insights, or things to try).

Thanks,
phlepper
g0pkh Wrote:Hi.

I have recently built a Zotag ION machine. Using a Mini-ITX board.

Bought from Mini-ITX.com

Here
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/xbmc-ion/

The remote I am using is a Maplin one here

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=218643

I have tried a lot of different "flavours" of XBMC. And finally settled on the
XCI script installed version. Currently running on a Minimal Ubuntu 9.10 OS

Remote Control standby \ Resume works fine from the remote usually taking about 20 Seconds to resume.

Just ensure that you have "echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup"
in the /etc/rc.local file.

Same for me but seems less than 20 seconds. 12 or 15 tops
I spent some time last night trying to get resume from standby working from my remote, unsuccessfully. I am at work now, so can't check the PowerToggle button specifically, but I have a question for anyone else with a similar setup. If you press any other button on the remote, does the red light on the USB MCE receiver light up? For me, it doesn't (although I haven't actually tried the PowerToggle function specifically), but I can resume by moving the mouse or pressing a button on the keyboard.

I'm using an Acer Revo R3610, with the latest XBMCFreak build (SVN 10.0X build). I have "Wake on Keyboard/Mouse" enabled in the BIOS (there is no generic Wake on USB function, so I assume this does the same), and I have USB0 and USB2 in rc.local following the wiki article on resume.

When I setup my MCE remote with my Harmony 525, I checked Lircmap.xml and couldn't see a PowerToggle function so assumed it wasn't mapped in XBMC. So I created a custom remote.xml key map with "mute" doing a shutdown. Don't know if this makes sense to those without this setup, but perhaps I should have just pressed the PowerToggle button and seen what happened :|
I am using a zotac ionitx b-e motherboard and was able to get resume from suspend to work by upgrading the bios and setting acpi settings to use SE Stanby mode. The trick that I ran into with my Harmony 880 remote is that just pressing the PowerToggle button on the remote once doesn't work, I have to double-tap the button. This makes it difficult for the "activities" mode of the remote to power on the device on it's own. I'm still trying to figure it out on my set-up running xbmc on windows 7 and will update if I find a solution for the activities mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ION SLEEP/SUSPEND and WAKE/RESUME with REMOTE0