Movie year not getting written to DB
This is a bit convoluted...

I've normaly been using official releases, back since Atlantis, but I recently accidentally* installed an SVN release (from the contents of my download folder, I'm pretty sure it was r28940).

My movie library is structured with a directory for each title, and then a file for each disc (one for the main movie, plus zero or more for special features discs), and when I went to add a new movie to the library, I could only add them at the directory level, which would find and add the first file in the directory. Going in to add the second disc, I discovered that there was no "Movie information" link, or other way to start a new lookup.

So, I re-installed Camelot over the top, which seemed to wipe out my db. Fortunately, I have a recent backup, and I only needed to add a couple of recent purchases in. But on adding them, I discovered that the production year wasn't being added to the db, and I needed to go in and add that manually.

The most obvious question is: Why might dates not be being pulled any more? I'm using IMDb as my primary source; have they changed their data layout recently? Or might I have corrupted something in all my shennanigans?

In addition, is there any way of telling XBMC that I *do* want my movie folder automatically scanned? I've tried unchecking the "exclude from automatic scans" button, but the next time I check, it seems to be back again. And besides, every single subfolder is also set to be excluded, which is not something I want to change manually. Most importantly, new subfolders should not be created with the exclude option pre-set. I can't find anything in the interface that lets me change it easily, but is there some sql-fu that I can employ?

Thanks for your help.

*I was trying to download and install a skin, but I think I clicked on a link that took me to precompiled builds of the SVN. After that, it was just a matter of seeing what I expected to see instead of what was actually there...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=508683&postcount=7
Great news! Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie year not getting written to DB0