• 5(current)
GPU video acceleration made possible by Apple?
eeehh.. where to download the prebuilt r29647?
Davilla--

is Revision: 29639 ok to use? or 29642? I see those available at sites that compile...

Author: davilla
Date: 2010-04-29 02:39:13
Modified: /trunk/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/DVDFactoryCodec.cpp
Modified: /trunk/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/DVDVideoCodecVDA.cpp
1) add VDADecoder info to DVDFactoryCodec, 2) try not to do assignments in if statements, 3) need I say, more cosmetics. Oh,VDADeocder works now 25-35 percent CPU on a 2.4GHz Core2Duo, sweet.
jayhawk785 Wrote:OH BILLY... they are safe enough, I have one from a couple days ago, works fine. Of course it breaks all skins but the ones included, but whatever Smile

Tell Billy to resume, with the "warning" attached that they may be unstable

If we did that, the we would get flooded with user posts about this and that addon not working. We already seen that from XBMC for Linux users building from svn trunk head.

The hard reality is some users will click and install anything and completely ignore any warnings, then loudly complain that it's broke. Sad . So Billy waits and ignores his crazy buddy Timmy who is jumping up and down asking him to re-start nighties.
jayhawk785 Wrote:Davilla--

is Revision: 29639 ok to use? or 29642? I see those available at sites that compile...

Author: davilla
Date: 2010-04-29 02:39:13
Modified: /trunk/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/DVDFactoryCodec.cpp
Modified: /trunk/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/DVDVideoCodecVDA.cpp
1) add VDADecoder info to DVDFactoryCodec, 2) try not to do assignments in if statements, 3) need I say, more cosmetics. Oh,VDADeocder works now 25-35 percent CPU on a 2.4GHz Core2Duo, sweet.

r29639 or r29642 should work but are not optimal, r29643 fixes a mem leak (opps) and my last "touch" was http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/29648 which was a possible small mem leak.
Dude, common, hw acceleration is badass, please release it. My fingers Are itching to test this one
so basically 29647 is optimal for testing purposes, roger that.

tell billy I'm upset with his decision but respect it.
Davilla, i've installed an unofficial nightly and everything is ok except when I use my crystal hd card for playback than everything is in Black and White. Any idea at which nightly it still plays in color ?
Surely the crystal HD if for ATV which has no baring on 10.6.3? Or have I missed something
Oh I just tried the unofficial nightly latest I assume this has the magic sauce in.

On an iMac 2.4ghz Watchmen in 720p ran at 52% load with twelve dropped frames, with the nightly it ran at 38% and 0 dropped frames.

Which was nice.
Tijntje Wrote:Davilla, i've installed an unofficial nightly and everything is ok except when I use my crystal hd card for playback than everything is in Black and White. Any idea at which nightly it still plays in color ?

review the video -> playback settings and the xbmc.log. I've seen that with the older MacMini and selecting GLSL which does not exist on the older MacMini and causes the renderer to kick back to software.
garyi Wrote:Surely the crystal HD if for ATV which has no baring on 10.6.3? Or have I missed something

Ahh, this I don't understand, please rephrase.
davilla Wrote:LOL, you mean 10.4, the AppleTV OS is a 10.4.7 variant.

Does this mean there are no tricky ways to get it to work on an Apple TV running its version of Tiger?

philip
pmcd Wrote:Does this mean there are no tricky ways to get it to work on an Apple TV running its version of Tiger?

philip

Nope.
I've got crazy drops on the 29642 version, I'll see about trying another one later. It definitely drops cpu usage--but the screen is jerky and drops are about 500 ish now after a minute or two of play. Sad
From http://sshcs.com/xbmc/

"It has come to my attention that this build [29642] has a really nasty memory leak which is supposedly fixed in tonight's build [still a couple hours off yet] So "I" would hold off until tonight."

So I guess wait for a later build, or if you cant, compile it yourself
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GPU video acceleration made possible by Apple?0