• 22(current)
[WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC
Hey arc i have had a quick play WOW nice skin!!!! loads of view choices amazing very professional i haven't had a lot of time but i do have some small bugs that at least i am getting i am running xbmc rc1 on win7.
Now i don't know if these are just unique to me are we allowed to post pics of bugs here just for you to get a better idea of what i am talking about? let me know and i will post some bugs i am having (haven't had time to look at code yet/ look at fixes)
Awww crap I didn't get in on the closed beta...
ZombieRobot Wrote:Hey arc i have had a quick play WOW nice skin!!!! loads of view choices amazing very professional i haven't had a lot of time but i do have some small bugs that at least i am getting i am running xbmc rc1 on win7.
Now i don't know if these are just unique to me are we allowed to post pics of bugs here just for you to get a better idea of what i am talking about? let me know and i will post some bugs i am having (haven't had time to look at code yet/ look at fixes)

Yes all beta members can post, one thing I want to mention before too many people start asking, the grid views are in flux at the moment so they are not done and may not represent their final form, they may not even be included in the first release.

XBMCG33K Wrote:Awww crap I didn't get in on the closed beta...

...funny Rofl
Liking the home(old) is this included as a option

So i have no access to skin settings so no idea what skin options are just getting black screen

Some bugs that you probably already know about but thought i would post them just very minor things (for now haven't had a good play)

all and all it is very stable and running smoothly

At a first very limited glance at fusion i am running into these
when in music osd press down for cover art to disappear and display this
im guessing this is a animated spinning cd that will pop out but does nothing i cant access skin options so don't know if there is support for spinning cd once it disappears i cant get album cover back.

the rest are just overlay of text and some placement issues but i am sure you have seen them.

as you say not all xml are finished hence party mode.

i will give it a good working over in the next day or two and look for some real bugs (if any) and report back really nice job with this one Arcanthur very clean!
LOVE that you use LP discs instead of cd's for empty cdart, just brilliant Smile

The only thing I am uncertain of right now is the use of small letters in some text, like genre and such. I really think it should be with the first letter as capital. That's the only design thing I'm uncertain of. Apart from that, this is the greatest design I have ever seen Smile
A couple of minor things:
  • The clock doesn't work for 24h (central europe).
  • Typo in ascending (acending).
  • Maybe the posters in poster shelf should be streched or cropped to match the poster format.

And I miss the fusion settings..

Nice look and feel all over. The sounds gives a really nice extra to the skin! Big Grin
ZombieRobot Wrote:Image
What version of XBMC are you using because I thought that auto-extraction of durations was default now?
I have the duration problem aswell with dharma rc1
Just a quick note of thanks, wasnt expecting that this cold morning. Well so far I can say this is a great looking skin, with some really good views.

There are however some bugs, which I will post later as I left the list at home.
However quick one I can remember.

Profiles Login Screen - Very unfinished.
Fusion Skin Settings - Black screen.
Back arrow in lists looks fine, large it looks scrappy.

I will post more from home later.

Thanks Again.
Jaypeg Wrote:A couple of minor things:
  • The clock doesn't work for 24h (central europe).
  • Typo in ascending (acending).
  • Maybe the posters in poster shelf should be streched or cropped to match the poster format.

And I miss the fusion settings..

Nice look and feel all over. The sounds gives a really nice extra to the skin! Big Grin

Broads Wrote:Just a quick note of thanks, wasnt expecting that this cold morning. Well so far I can say this is a great looking skin, with some really good views.

There are however some bugs, which I will post later as I left the list at home.
However quick one I can remember.

Profiles Login Screen - Very unfinished.
Fusion Skin Settings - Black screen.
Back arrow in lists looks fine, large it looks scrappy.

I will post more from home later.

Thanks Again.
  • Fusion Settings and profiles are not skinned yet.
  • I will look at the clock.
  • Postershelf posters I will work on getting a hard coded poster ratio so users with oddly shaped posters will still look evenly spaced in the view.
  • Please post pictures of the "back arrow" issue as I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Seems like Music OSD is missing as well:

If you're wondering about poster aspect ratio, after resizing countless of posters I've come to the conclusion that most posters these days use the aspect ratio 1:1.48.

Also I've noticed that the bread crumb needs to be URL-decoded (or use a different label), not sure if that's a skin issue though:

Cheers!
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
will the pvr functions be coded into this?
Hi, as reported earlier, here are my findings so far along with some nice to haves.

Bugs

Profiles- No Login
Settings - No Fusion
Settings Display / Video Calibration - Funny Square to calibrate.

Main Menu Settings - Play Lists not skinned.

Video Playback - OSD No way to pause, Buttons on LHS - Not accessible?

Volume cut off rhs of DB when in double figures.

Views

Back arrow - Looks fine small but large back is messy.

Movie Views - There are various movie views which look to have an info view but no info displayed. However info is displayed when pressing (i) I believe the contents must be being pulled from different sources as info is available in other views.

BigList view - Long File names, alternate rows appear to have black scrolling text.

Scrolling Running times. - I believe already mentioned.

TV View - Again there appears to be an issue with infos as Fan Grid shows does not show info, however pressing (i) shows this info. Other views are ok however.. Again believe this to be sourcing info from a different source.

Photos

Photos. - Info's missing from info window. Pressing (i) again will bring up further information. This window is not skinned.

There is an overlap of the info panel on the fangrid view.

Videos \ Plugins \ Apple Light.
When in Biglist Year is overlayed on the thumb image. List filesize overlaps grid. Assumed not skinned specifically.

Nice to have.
Big Grin

On some of the movie views it would be nice to have info appear after a short pause like the wallview but for Icon and wide icon, or pressing down (Big Fan).

Home Page - Weather / Photos looks a bit minimal without the recently added? - maybe use fan art wallpaper styled like one of the views?

Thanks keep up the good work, this skin rocks. I'll add more as I find them.

Regards
Heres a better example of that back arrow.

Also notice the scraped running time info overflow.. Guess this is a scraping issue and not a skin specific unless it should wrap.
Ah to bad that i didn't make the closed beta (not that i actually thought i would Big Grin).

Anyways, great to see some more screenshots and bugs being fixed, hopefully its not to far away from an release then.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC3