• 1(current)
[WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC
After xperience I wanted to design a new skin that more closely resembled my original Reverence concept. Taking what I learned from xperience and drawing influence from Reverence, among other concepts/designs; Fusion is born. The first release will be called Fusion Genesis in lieu of the Alpha tag as I'm hoping the first release will not carry the normal traits of the alpha tag...buggy, somewhat unfinished, etc.

Fusion is currently in design phase, all aspects will be mocked up first, and then coded. This will hopefully allow for a smoother/quicker transition into final skin form. There will be no definitely time table as we all know how well they work out. All I will say to that is, we hope to be much faster on this than xperience took.

Fusion is all about simplicity, usability, and refinement. Taking what others have achieved in the past and making an attempt to improve upon those ideas.

Your input is welcome, though don't be hurt if we say no or your idea seems ignored. Pleasing everyone is an impossibility.

Well enough with the introductions and on to the candy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AfqSMsnDqo
damn! this rely nice!! i might use some of your concept ideas in my skin welo i hope that's okay? got some inspiration form your work Big Grin
welo Wrote:damn! this rely nice!! i might use some of your concept ideas in my skin welo i hope that's okay? got some inspiration form your work Big Grin

Thanks for the kind words. I've used ideas from other skins to build an attractive amalgamation so it would be hypocritical of me to say absolutely not.

Though I would prefer not to have some viewtypes copied, do your best not to copy and simply draw inspiration. Its actually one of the best ways to create new ideas Smile
thanks m8! =) keep up the good work Big Grin
Lookin' good Arcanthur!

I can see a little bit of Alaska-inspired details.
look pretty!
Gorgeous!
biljard Wrote:Gorgeous!
Ditto. it will look even better if and when theres a night version, Does this mean work has ceased on xperience (i hope not)
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Like the idea nice and readable. So when will it be done alread Laugh

I hope xperience will not suffer because of this skin.
paul Wrote:Ditto. it will look even better if and when theres a night version, Does this mean work has ceased on xperience (i hope not)

rcoops Wrote:Like the idea nice and readable. So when will it be done alread Laugh

I hope xperience will not suffer because of this skin.

The idea will be to have several background types/overlay combinations as well as a light and dark text. As far as xperience goes, the team have taken a break from it for the time being as the skin is all but done for a 1.0 version save a few minor tweaks and a viewtype or two. That doesn't discount the possibility of a 1.5 or 2.0 xperience in the future though. Wink

Fusion is an opportunity to start with something new, and one of the main objectives I have is to be sure all text is EASILY readable on all TV sizes and long distances. Even xperience suffers from needing its users to have eagle eyes in some areas, and I intend to make every aspect of this skin easy to see, even if you don't have 20/20 vision. Laugh

Another goal is the simplicity. To give it that default interface kind of look, one that users would easily be able to create new looks for, and one that pleases the masses and not just the xbmc super geeks. In that respect, some parts of the skin may seem dull or basic; but that is the goal, to create the "basic" skin, but make it fun and attractive.
So what's happening with Serenity V2?
Hitcher Wrote:So what's happening with Serenity V2?

Not sure, I haven't heard from Digital in a long time, but I still have all the psds and I still want to do something with it.

I'd be willing to share the psds with him, and/or any willing designers/coders to have a go at it and I would help provide guidance and support with extra textures if/when needed.
very nice. definitely see alaska and rapier in there. Looks very slick. good luck with it.

Digital can be hard to get in touch with. I did the original Serenity with him. I think he has a seasonal job. Think he is back to work now. He generally disappears around this time until much later in the year. I can't offer any help in the coding department, but I would love, if you need assistance, to help with some of design. If not, good luck. If so, pm me. I'm all about the simple usability in a skin. Take care
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC3