New Build: v0.7.0
Information 
Download v0.7.0 2010-04-24

Added: TV show library support. Browse by show, season and episode. Details view for shows and episodes.
Added: Remote texture support for HTC Tattoo
Added: Basic integration for XBMC's shiny new JSON-RPC interface. Looking good but still a lot missing. Deactivated by default.
Added: Default cover for "Now playing"
Added: In file mode, added support for playing FLAC and m4a.
Fixed: Rewrote cover download code. Images are now resized smoothely and a recent XBMC build will download 10x faster. Also, it doesn't start downloading thumbs that are still scrolling.
Fixed: Batch cover download should now be faster, eat less memory and crash less. Also you can abort the process and restart it.
Fixed: Crash when closing screen while covers were still downloading
Fixed: Crash on calls from people without image
Fixed: "Hide artists who only appear on compilations" was broken due to change of XBMC's preference setting
Fixed: Remote control GFX was messed for Nexus one
Fixed: Moved WOL port and timeout setting to the host preferences
Fixed: List view brushup
Fixed: Dpad events were too sensitively treated
Fixed: Query issue with old XBMC versions <Camelot (thanks Steve)
Fixed: Long press issues
Fixed: Some NPEs
Fixed: There were still medium sized thumbs showing up instead of small

Release Notes:
Cover download: The whole thing was quite a mess. With old HTTPAPI you can't download binary files but only base64-encoded strings. So I've found a way to decode it on the fly using a Base64.InputStream, but that doesn't work for Camelot's LibGoAhead. Later XBMC revisions feature MicroHTTPd works great, but on the other hand, topfs2 introduced a way to download binaries at the same time. So now we have two ways of downloading covers:
  • For XBMC revisions until 27770 (9.11 Camelot included), the "old way" is used, meaning the whole base64-encoded response is loaded into a string, decoded to byte array and then read as bitmap. This takes a while and eats more memory.
  • For later builds, direct download is used. This results in several advantages:
    • Major speedup because the bitmap is directly instantiated from the URL and Android can use its native C routines for downloading
    • Even more speedup because we read only as much as we need. Uber-large covers aren't downloaded wholly, only as big as we need them.
    • Less memory usage, because we stream directly and don't need to save everything twice.
If you already downloaded covers in a previous version and you wonder why the covers are pixelated, you should delete them and re-download them. You'll see it's worth it.

TV show library: It's brand new, so bear with a few bugs. If you see weird behavior on shows list, don't hesitate do file bug report. Wide banners are preferred, meaning XBMC Remote firstly checks if there's a <tvshow-folder>/banner.jpg before asking for the current thumb. So you can still keep portrait or landscape thumbs for your favorite skin and have better looking wide banners in the remote. Note however that all those formats are supported as well, meaning the look of the list dynamically changes depending on the thumb format.

In a nutshell
  • Get a recent XBMC build
  • When starting the app, go to menu -> download covers -> clear cache
  • Batch download the covers

See also this post for future releases. It's actually the first time we have a kind of plan what's happening in the future. Wink
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Great news to see this project becoming that active again.
Keep up the wonderful work guys Smile
The new version is working great on my HTC Desire. The landscape view has also been fixed very nicely. Keep up the great work guys!!
Jucgshu Wrote:Great news to see this project becoming that active again.
Keep up the wonderful work guys Smile

Not sure what you mean by "active again"... Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Fantastic! Runs very good on a Desire. Will test it on a legend tomorrow.

Please continue the good work.
freezy Wrote:Not sure what you mean by "active again"... Wink

Well, let's just say that this is a great project. And the roadmap to 2.0 looks really exciting Nod
Sweet! Smile
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
I put this on my Nexus One tonight. I had searched the market previously for an xmbc remote, never thought of looking here. Anyways, I got it configured pretty quickly and I like it.

Due to strange problems with my receiver, I've had to switch from my linux box to a laptop running Win 7 for XBMC, and this saves me the trouble of getting my Harmony set up for the time being.
Yep, definitely still seeing some bugs in the TV show library - it consistently causes XBMC to crash (the 28042 revision for Ubuntu Lucid from the official PPA) downloading some thumbs. I'll try to get enough info together for a bug report tonight.

But on the whole, another very awesome release. The TV show library looks great! Thanks a lot. :-)
Works fantastic on HTC Desire!
ASRock ION 330, Lucid Lynx, XBMC Dharma (beta 2)
Nice update and I had forgot about this:

freezy Wrote:I've tested it just right now. All numerical fields come up with the numpad by default. Can you give us a screenshot what happens, along with version info of your phone and XBMC Remote?

I just realized we are not talking about the same "numpad". Selecting "http api port" (for instance) switches the keyboard to the numbers and special chars mode, but I'm not talking about doing that. I'm talking about this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/bjbcm0.png

Makes a lot more sense to use this keyboard for number fields. Just a suggestion...

Anyway, I can't get WOL to work, I've tried countless configurations and nothing seems to work. It used to work in a previous version (can't remember which), but it doesn't anymore.

I completely uninstall the app and removed the data folder from the sd card. Clean installed it and configured everything from scratch, still didn't work Sad

Any idea why? Does anybody have the same issue or does it work for you?
I just installed version 0.7.0... This is working perfectly for me. No crashes yet. Thanks a lot guys !
Hey stibbons,

Feel free to add any info you can gather to my posting about XBMC Crashes on TV Banner Fetching... would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Alden
The new version is definitely an improvement.

The remote control still is unusable because of rapid repeating input.
And the keyboard isn't functioning.

I'm usng a hero with the SenHERO 2.1 rom.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
The repeating delay is configured in XBMC. All the remote sends is the keydown and keyup events. However the setting was removed from the GUI so you'll have to put it into advancedsettings.xml.

OT: How is your ROM working in general? Looking for a good one myself due to HTC's pathetic update policy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Build: v0.7.00