Current State of the XBMC code trunk
I recall reading somewhere that the XBMC code trunk was in the process of being merged with some of its branches earlier this year. I haven't pulled the latest source from SVN for a few months now because of the unstable state of the code trunk, and would like to get back to working on it again.

Has the merge been completed or is there a expected completion date?

Thanks!
usminion Wrote:I recall reading somewhere that the XBMC code trunk was in the process of being merged with some of its branches earlier this year. I haven't pulled the latest source from SVN for a few months now because of the unstable state of the code trunk, and would like to get back to working on it again.

Has the merge been completed or is there a expected completion date?

Thanks!

still in flux.
Is there a target completion date? It has been over 3 months already so I'm just curious how much longer (round about, specifics aren't important) it will take.

Also, is there anything I can do? I know that the development team probably wants to avoid the "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation, but I have more than ten years of c++ experience and about a year of XBMC experience. If there is anything I can do to help move the merge along, I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks again!
usminion Wrote:Is there a target completion date? It has been over 3 months already so I'm just curious how much longer (round about, specifics aren't important) it will take.

No target date. It's done when it's done.
Is team-xbmc looking for development help to get it completed? As I mentioned, I would be happy to lend a hand.
At this point for addons in particular I think it would be too many cooks, but with that said, you're welcome to checkout the code whenever you like and dive in.

There's still quite a bit to do, such as:

1. Support for checking whether an addon is being used, so that the user can't disable it. (eg an in use skin or an in use scraper)
2. Possibly support making an addon unused so that the user can disable it.
3. Look at adding links from the various places that the user accesses addons back to the addon manager so that new ones can be installed.
4. How to handle addons in "portable" mode on win32.

There's plenty of other areas that you might assist in as well that has nothing to do with addons - pick something you want to work on (maybe a particular bug, or a particular feature) and get cracking.

We're more than happy to provide pointers once you get started.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan for your response. I'll pull down the source and see where I can help. Smile

EDIT: Do I need to pull down both the trunk and the branches or have the code from the branches been assigned already?
just trunk
I've grabbed the source but it looks like a "CGUIDialogAddonInfo.cpp" file is missing from the current trunk. I have commented out all references to the CGUIDialogAddonInfo object which seems to fix the linking errors but I was wondering if there was a file that failed to get committed.

Thanks!
Everything is there. It sounds like the file was just missing from the win32 project files when you built.

I can confirm that the VS2008 project file builds fine as of r29504.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I just confirmed that the file does not exist for some reason in my development environment (it isn't in the folders either). I am unsure why this would be but I will get latest again (can't imagine why it would change) and post how it goes.

EDIT: I am building with the new 2010 project file, so if anyone else is having this problem I would be glad to hear it.
Note that the 2010 profile file may well be out of date. Most developers still use 2008.

the file is named "GUIDialogAddonInfo.cpp" not "CGUIDialogAddonInfo.cpp", so that's why you may not be finding it....

and the 2010 project doesn't seem to be updated to include it yet as the files were only added about 2 days ago.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Current State of the XBMC code trunk0