Trying to get soundgraph 15c2:0036 VFD to work in XBMC Live 9.11
Exclamation 
I have an chieftec HM-01B Case with an Asus mainboard P7H55 and an Intel core i3-530, i installed XBMC Live 9.11 to it and everything works fine. Exept the display, an soundgraph 15c2:0036 VFD, i followed this tutorial https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IMON_V...armic_9.10, and the remote control is working fine Big Grin, exept the display isn't working, only garbage on the display. I installed windows with the original drivers, and the display is working fine, so it is not broken.
Can somebody explain me exactly how to get the soundgraph 15c2:0036 VFD to work in XBMC Live 9.11 . Because there are lots of threads on the internet about this problem but not for XBMC Live 9.11, and these solutions doesn't seem to work.Sad

Thanx
Paho
See my post here,

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=524890&postcount=5

For your VFD, at this step:
Quote:Type:
nano /etc/modprobe.d/lirc.conf

Then copy the following into the new document:

options lirc_imon debug=0 nomouse=1 display_type=2 ir_protocol=0 pad_thresh=5

Hit "Ctrl + x", then "y" then "enter"

Change the display type to 1
i.e.
Code:
display_type=1
I tried display_type=1 and also display_type=2 but it still won't work as it should work.
Can you further explain what is displayed on the VFD (pic maybe?), you mentioned garbage. What exactly is being output? Also while the display outputting 'something' (anything) press Ctrl + Alt + F1 (on xbmc computer) and tell me if there is anything happing.

press Ctrl + Alt + F7 to get back to xbmc
When i press ctrl+alt+f1 then its giving errors all the same.
lirc_imonConfusedend_packet: packet tx failed (-32)
lirc_imon:vfd_write: send packet failed for packet #1
lirc_imon:vfd_write: send packet failed for packet #2
lirc_imon:vfd_write: send packet failed for packet #3
lirc_imon:vfd_write: send packet failed for packet #4
lirc_imon:vfd_write: send packet failed for packet #5
lirc_imon:vfd_write: send packet failed for packet #1
etc.....

The display is giving different things sometimes block then letter then numbers and combinations of those.
Yeah ok I had this same issue initially. The research i did regarding this indicated that packets were being sent to the device too quickly and the device just couldn't cope with it. To overcome this i simply installed the latest lcdproc.

Did download a version of lcdproc, or did you simply use the one that came with xbmc live 9.11?

p.s. Have you also enabled lcd/vfd in the xbmc settings? (just checking?)
I use the one that came with xbmc live 9.11
Okay, well that's the one that I used, it was when I tried a newer one that I had the issues. Perhaps it will work better for you of you try a more self compiled version of LCDproc, try getting a newer version and going from there. Try following the VFD part of this post:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1069267
Help !! Nobody seems to know the answer.
What happened when you tried this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1069267

What is the output on the display.
This doesn't work it is for an older version of ubuntu and second it's not for the vfd display it is voor the soundgraph 15c2:0038 the LCD display, my display is the soundgraph 15c2:0036 the VFD display. Tried it but no result.

I wonder if anybody can help me ??
Yeah sorry i meant to say just don't do the patch. It was just to get a newer LCDproc. Try to find version 0.5.3. Sorry I can't help any further :-(

When I was doing mine I also found and ran some commands that forces the LCD to display things like an arbitrary time. I can't find these now but perhaps you could search for this to see what the results are. It might help somebody else help you that knows more about LCDproc? Just a thought

Let me know how it goes.
New idea,

You need to change

Driver to 'imon' not 'imonlcd'

and

protocol to '0' not '1'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to get soundgraph 15c2:0036 VFD to work in XBMC Live 9.110