Trying to get soundgraph 15c2:0036 VFD to work in XBMC Live 9.11
Exclamation 
I have an chieftec HM-01B Case with an Asus mainboard P7H55 and an Intel core i3-530, i installed XBMC Live 9.11 to it and everything works fine. Exept the display, an soundgraph 15c2:0036 VFD, i followed this tutorial https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IM...CD_Karmic_9.10, and the remote control is working fineBig Grin , exept the display isn't working, only garbage on the displaySad. I installed windows with the original drivers, and the display is working fine, so it is not broken.
Can somebody explain me exactly how to get the soundgraph 15c2:0036 VFD to work in XBMC Live 9.11 . Because there are lots of threads on the internet about this problem but not for XBMC Live 9.11, and these solutions doesn't seem to work.

Thanx
Paho
Sure you dont have the LCD version?
i have the same device, but mine is LCD
maybe you just have to change driver from imon to imonlcd

i followed this guide, did not do every step though,
because with new lirc and lcdproc patches are not necessary.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1103474

i now use lirc 0.8.6 and LCDproc 0.5.3
Are you sure you have the same device soundgraph 15c2:0036 and not soundgraph 15c2:0038 because i think 0038 is the lcd version.
But correct me if i am wrong.
my mistake i do have the 0038 device,
what version of LCDproc are you using?
try using 0.5.3 i case you are using an older version
I am using 0.5.3
Help !!! Nobody seems to know the answer.
Smile 
hey I'm late but maybe helpful for someone else.

I found an old SilverStone case and this display is built in it.

I only had to use the imon driver with LCDproc, the device is detected as /dev/lcd0 and works out of the box.

you can test the display with the lcdproc client first to see if your problem is XBMC and not LCDd

Romain

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to get soundgraph 15c2:0036 VFD to work in XBMC Live 9.110