TV show problems
Hi all,

i have a few problems concerning the TV shows in my collection. most of the shows have 2 audio streams (german and english) and some of them are available as SD and HD versions. i need the SD versions because not all of my PCs can playback HD video.
let me give you an example:

"Chuck" season 1 episode 1

file 1 (mkv): 720x576, german 2.0, english 2.0
file 2 (mkv): 1280x720, german 2.0, english 5.1

here are the problems:

1) TVDB scraper gets only the english episode name and plot.
2) episode appears twice under season 1 in the database - one entry per file.
3) audio information displayed only shows the first stream.

now the questions - how can i ...

1) ... get german and english episode names from the scraper with german plot (if available)
2) ... have the episode appear only once (see note below)
3) ... have XBMC display info for all audio streams

note 2):

i could imagine 3 variants how to remove the second episode entry (don't know if any of them would work):

a) have two branches in the database below the TV show name, one for HD and one for SD seasons - in my example:

Chuck
-> SD
-> Season 1
-> Episode 1
-> HD
-> Season 1
-> Episode 1

b) kind of "stacking" the episode (displaying it only once and let me select SD or HD before playing)

c) create file 3 (mkv) out of file 1 + file 2: 720x576, 1280x720, german 2.0, english 5.1
resolution and audio stream should then be selectable within the player (maybe using an external player)

thank you in advance

Stefan
Kodi 18.7 on Windows 10 (2x)/FireTV Stick (5x)/Android (2x) | MariaDB 5 on Synology Diskstation DS115/DS216+II
See here on some of your issues:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71668
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thank you for your reply. that could help at least with the german plot, but i think if i set language to german i will only get the german episode title. i'd prefer to have the german and the original episode title displayed, e.g.:

07 Chuck gegen die Vergangenheit (Chuck Versus The Alma Mater)

the profile approach to separate HD from SD content is a good idea too. i could use a SD profile on non HD capable PCs and a HD profile on my main HTPC. only problem is that not all TV shows are available in HD, so the HD profile must contain the HD folders only where available (that means i'd better add every episode folder seperately as source to the profile - is there a maximum number of sources i can add or are there any drawbacks having 100+ sources)

btw - that leads me to another question:

can profiles be shared on a WHS (all my files are located on an ACER H340 Home Server with MySQL) ?
Kodi 18.7 on Windows 10 (2x)/FireTV Stick (5x)/Android (2x) | MariaDB 5 on Synology Diskstation DS115/DS216+II

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show problems0