[How To] Mininmal Install Lucid - pvr-testing2 with VDR VNSI plugin & VDPAU support
hepi Wrote:We have stable, testing and unstable repos. unstable is called "unstable" for a reason.
hepi

An unstable repo that works (most of the time Wink ) is a better solution than a testing or even stable repo that doesn't, of course choosing to upgrade your working system at a time a) its replacement might not work and b) there is something on you actually want to watch, is so stupid that nobody would do it. Oh wait, I did Nod Oo
AuXBoX Wrote:What sort of problems are left jimmeuh

- tearing effect -> enabled Vsync in Nvidia OpenGL settings -> Solved

- Remote sometimes works, sometimes not -> /dev/lirc0 sometimes didn't get created -> problem was the Xbox dongle receiver I'm using -> in Lucid it is sometimes recognized as an Xpad -> blacklisted module Xpad -> Solved

Still having problems with:

- When starting a video - new or after pause - it takes 2 seconds for the audio starts.

- When tuning in an encrypted DVB-S chan, where I don't have a subscription for, XBMC keeps loading...
Very annoying, when u accidently select such a channel.
HW: P4 2,3Ghz - 1GB - 160GB 2.5" - GF8400GS - DVB-T - DVB-S2
SW: Win 7 - XBMC PVR Margro - Mediaportal TV server
jimmeuh Wrote:- When tuning in an encrypted DVB-S chan, where I don't have a subscription for, XBMC keeps loading...
Very annoying, when u accidently select such a channel.
Limit your channels.conf to a minimum of your favourite channels and you will have less stress. Order your channels.conf to your needs and tell VDR its not allowed to add newly found channels at the end of the channels.conf.

Cheers,
hepi
yaVDR: HDTV and XBMC in your living room - based on Nvidia VDPAU, VDR and Ubuntu Linux
hepi Wrote:Limit your channels.conf to a minimum of your favourite channels and you will have less stress. Order your channels.conf to your needs and tell VDR its not allowed to add newly found channels at the end of the channels.conf.

Cheers,
hepi

Life can be so simple Smile
HW: P4 2,3Ghz - 1GB - 160GB 2.5" - GF8400GS - DVB-T - DVB-S2
SW: Win 7 - XBMC PVR Margro - Mediaportal TV server
I have installed yavdr 0.2 ,but I am not able to start XBMC.
I have Radeon HD4200 and XBMC complains that I need HW accelerated GPU.
When I tested my graphics card with XBMC-PVR on mythbuntu 10.4 it worked well.
What am I missing ?
yaVDR is designed and optimized for Nvidia VDPAU (as stated on our website). We don't make any effort to support non-Nvidia cards at the moment. ATI driver packages are not part of the yaVDR ISO image. Some users who are determined to use yaVDR with ATI cards install the ATI drivers manually via package update after the installation. But nobody of the yaVDR developers uses an ATI card so we don't and can't give any support.

Cheers,
hepi
yaVDR: HDTV and XBMC in your living room - based on Nvidia VDPAU, VDR and Ubuntu Linux
I understand that and appreciate your fast reply, I was just wondering if anyone has a clue what package I am missing. I have tried to compare between yavdr (excellent work BTW - I love the way of your thinking , turning your PC into an appliance) and mythbuntu but could not get into a certain conclusion of what is missing or not installed properly.
Thanks for your reply Hepi and keep up the good work. My next PCs will be ION based so it should work smoothly there.
Hi all

Im in the process of building a xbmc setup on my Zotac ION, and im very interested in live tv on my xbmc setup.
I've tried to follow your setup, but i need to install drivers for my dvb-t stick.
Its an Elgato EyeTV DTT Deluxe, but could someone help me how to install a driver?
I've found this thread http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg04678.html, but i am totally lost how to make it work.

tia/Lappen
Lappen Wrote:Hi all

Im in the process of building a xbmc setup on my Zotac ION, and im very interested in live tv on my xbmc setup.
I've tried to follow your setup, but i need to install drivers for my dvb-t stick.
Its an Elgato EyeTV DTT Deluxe, but could someone help me how to install a driver?
I've found this thread http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg04678.html, but i am totally lost how to make it work.

tia/Lappen

This should work be default
It's listed here
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices

they should work with kernel since 2.6.31
Press THANK USER if I Help
new setup script if someone could test
Script
Just
Code:
sudo chmod 777 setup.sh
then run with
Code:
sudo ./setup.sh
Thx AuXBoX
I'm using the right kernel, but am I to install some additional software during the installation of Lucid Minimal?
Tia/Lappen
Lappen Wrote:Thx AuXBoX
I'm using the right kernel, but am I to install some additional software during the installation of Lucid Minimal?
Tia/Lappen

what happens if you type
Code:
dmesg | grep dvb
try this aswell
http://www.kernellabs.com/blog/?p=1378

This is one of the comments
Code:
I testet the driver with another as-102 device. It is the Elgato EyeTV DTT deluxe.
It did not work out of the box but after adding the USB vendor ID and product ID to the Sources it worked like a charm.

dvb-usb-as102.h:
/* EyeTV DTT deluxe */
#define EYETV_DTT_NAME “EyeTV DTT deluxe”
#define EYETV_DTT_VID 0×0fd9
#define EYETV_DTT_PID 0×002c

dvb-usb-as102.c:
static struct usb_device_id as102_usb_id_table[] = {
{ USB_DEVICE(AS102_USB_DEVICE_VENDOR_ID, AS102_USB_DEVICE_PID_0001) },
{ USB_DEVICE(PCTV_74E_USB_VID, PCTV_74E_USB_PID) },
{ USB_DEVICE(EYETV_DTT_VID, EYETV_DTT_PID) },
{ } /* Terminating entry */
};
Thx AuXBoX
The grep dvb didn't show anything at all, so i guess my dvb-t stick wasn't recognized.
I tried to follow the link om kernellabs.com, and success...my stick was recognized :-)
Next step is to follow your guide in a minimal setup, but kernellabs.com is down, so i'll have to wait before i can install the drivers for the stick again :-(
I'll keep posting my experiences as my "journey" continues, and thx again for helping - guess i'll have to donate a beer sometime :-)
Lappen Wrote:Thx AuXBoX
The grep dvb didn't show anything at all, so i guess my dvb-t stick wasn't recognized.
I tried to follow the link om kernellabs.com, and success...my stick was recognized :-)
Next step is to follow your guide in a minimal setup, but kernellabs.com is down, so i'll have to wait before i can install the drivers for the stick again :-(
I'll keep posting my experiences as my "journey" continues, and thx again for helping - guess i'll have to donate a beer sometime :-)

no probs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[How To] Mininmal Install Lucid - pvr-testing2 with VDR VNSI plugin & VDPAU support0