Videos 'Clean Library' taking hours.
XBMCbuntu from Karmic 9.10 32 bit installer.
XBMC version compiled on 24th Dec 2009.
Zotac ION mboard with Intel X25-V ssd.
Media stored on QNAP NAS - 2 x 1TB drives in RAID-1 (only 20GB free currently).
Media consists of 2 shared folders:

'Film' & 'TV'.
Film contains about 120 films in folders - XBMC uses folder names for lookups.
TV contains about 80 TV shows, with 'season x' subfolders.

The shares for these folders are 'mounted' at boot-up from my FSTAB file. They are SMB shares over a gigabit network. They are mounted to folders inside my HOME directory.

I've been using my current install of XBMC for a few months without issue. Because my NAS is starting to fill up i have removed some of my 'watched' stuff from the NAS.

To tidy things up i've gone to Settings, Videos then 'clean library'. This is taking a very long time to perform. In an hour it had gone from 0% to 2%.

I have rebooted all the hardware on my network and started up from scratch. XBMC behaves as it should (quick browsing, playing no problem, finding shares no problem), but this library cleaning function is taking forever!

I thought all it needed to do was compare its library entries against the folders and files on the NAS.

Before i got my SSD I used to run a USB XBMCLive install on the same NAS with the same Zotac ION based pc - and cleaning the library took a few minutes at the most. With an SSD being the only change i thought it would be quicker now - not slower.

Anyone got an theories as to why this might be happening?
It shouldn't, fresh debug log of you doing the scan should give some indications.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos 'Clean Library' taking hours.0