Some help for XBMC setup
Smile 
I've been using AppleTV for a little while now and I'm still trying to find a nice setup. I thought of posting this here hoping that some experienced user can shed some light and make my setup better.

This is what I have:

- AppleTV connected to a wireless router
- Mac connected wirelessly to the router
- Some TVSHOWS & Movies are in the Mac HDD

XBMC Setup
- Movies & TVShows folders from the Mac have been added
- Most videos are streamed fine.

I also have:
- Some .iso (DVD) files (4.5GB)
- Some m4v files (EYETV Recordings converted and added to Itunes (in the Mac) automatically with EyeTV)

These files don't perform well streaming from the server so I thought that because they are already in Itunes it might be a good idea to sync them automatically to the ATV HDD using Itunes and play them locally.

They play fine locally using the ATV interface.

Now my problem is that I don't like to use the ATV interface anymore (only use XBMC).

Is there anyway using XBMC to see the TVSHOWS & MOVIES that have been synced to the ATV HDD using Itunes (I have no clue where they automagically go when synced)?

Can anyone think of a better setup for my ATV + XBMC that allows me to see streamed videos and also recordings made in the Mac that cannot be streamed?

I hope this makes sense.

THANKS A LOT! Smile
Nano07 Wrote:I've been using AppleTV for a little while now and I'm still trying to find a nice setup. I thought of posting this here hoping that some experienced user can shed some light and make my setup better.

This is what I have:

- AppleTV connected to a wireless router
- Mac connected wirelessly to the router
- Some TVSHOWS & Movies are in the Mac HDD

XBMC Setup
- Movies & TVShows folders from the Mac have been added
- Most videos are streamed fine.

I also have:
- Some .iso (DVD) files (4.5GB)
- Some m4v files (EYETV Recordings converted and added to Itunes (in the Mac) automatically with EyeTV)

These files don't perform well streaming from the server so I thought that because they are already in Itunes it might be a good idea to sync them automatically to the ATV HDD using Itunes and play them locally.

They play fine locally using the ATV interface.

Now my problem is that I don't like to use the ATV interface anymore (only use XBMC).

Is there anyway using XBMC to see the TVSHOWS & MOVIES that have been synced to the ATV HDD using Itunes (I have no clue where they automagically go when synced)?

Can anyone think of a better setup for my ATV + XBMC that allows me to see streamed videos and also recordings made in the Mac that cannot be streamed?

I hope this makes sense.

THANKS A LOT! Smile

do you have a external usb drive? sounds like an easy solution. just hook it up to your appletv and play.
Yeh, I thought of that, but that won't work the way I want it.

That solution would require to move the disk around every time I want to watch something.

I was looking for something more automatic.

I think I'm close.... So far I managed to get the files to the ATV (Syncing with Itunes), but I can't find a way to find them with XBMC Sad
Nano07 Wrote:Yeh, I thought of that, but that won't work the way I want it.

That solution would require to move the disk around every time I want to watch something.

I was looking for something more automatic.

I think I'm close.... So far I managed to get the files to the ATV (Syncing with Itunes), but I can't find a way to find them with XBMC Sad

I don't think it is possible at this time. It can be done on a Mac version of XBMC as there is some extension that gets you access to the local iTunes library. That doesn't exist on the ATV version of XBMC. I've been trying to do this for months off and on. Maybe there is a way ( there usually is) but it seems unknown at the moment.

philip
not very good news huh? Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some help for XBMC setup0