Consistently crashing - r28256
I would like a bit of advice on what I could do here, it seems simple because XBMC crashes simply.

I load an SMB share from a windows box, and about 10 seconds later XBMC crashes out. I'm using the ATV with Broadcom chip and it' fairly constent that it crashes with status: 10.

Wondering if someone can look at my logs and see if there is anything obvious I'm doing wrong or that is screwing with it.

Thanks,
CrashReporter.log:
http://pastebin.com/qq0JMNk1
xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/9hKNXhNr
console.log
http://pastebin.com/PpvmB6zD

Any ideas?
Using launcher version 3.2.4.
XBMC r28256

Thanks in advance.
Thread 6 Crashed:
0 avformat-52-x86-osx.so 0x11cf79c9 avi_read_packet + 1721

That's a crash in ffmepg. Is this repeatable with the same file ?
davilla Wrote:Thread 6 Crashed:
0 avformat-52-x86-osx.so 0x11cf79c9 avi_read_packet + 1721

That's a crash in ffmepg. Is this repeatable with the same file ?

Well, I'm actually just listing the directory, I'm not playing a file, but I can remove that file from the directory and see if it still crashes.

I found it wierd that ffmpeg was processing files it wasn't playing but I guess that's how XBMC works?
It's generating thumbnails. You can turn this off via advancedsettings.xml, though ofcourse, it's much better if we can get it fixed Smile

See whether or not it's the one file - if it is, then we'd very much like a copy of that file so we can check it with current SVN.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

davilla hates thumbnails crashes with a passion.
I can identify which file it is, so I'll have a look tonight and remove the file and see if that fixes it.
Awesome!
That fixed the problem.

The basic details are in this screenshot of the inspector although I believe the video is corrputed somehow, it doesn't play properlyImage.

It's just an AVI from a few years ago (2003) and it's got some funny points where it stutters badly so I think in the process of backing it up or something it's a bit stuffed but it's DEFINATELY that video, I took it out and the logs show all the thumbnails being processed properly now.
It's 150MB.

Thanks for the fix.
i'm having the same issue on my ATV. XBMC is hanging every time I try and add a new SMB share. Versions previous to r28256 did not have this problem. I just deleted my crash log along with the whole XBMC install, otherwise I would post it. How do I turn off thumbnail generation? I hate to do that because I really like it for my TV shows.
trevorcobb Wrote:i'm having the same issue on my ATV. XBMC is hanging every time I try and add a new SMB share. Versions previous to r28256 did not have this problem. I just deleted my crash log along with the whole XBMC install, otherwise I would post it. How do I turn off thumbnail generation? I hate to do that because I really like it for my TV shows.

need that crash log Smile "How do I turn off thumbnail generation", go explore the xbmc settings panel, it's there, plain as day.
thanks davilla. a previous post said I would need to edit the advancedsettings.xml and even after 6+ years of using XBMC I have never delved that "deep" before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Consistently crashing - r282560