How does it run on a 9400M?
I'm considering getting an HTPC with a 9400M, but I was wondering how Aeon runs on it. I know it's very GPU intensive and so performance might be bad. I was kind of hoping someone might be kind enough to record a quick vid to showcase how it runs. Of course just impressions would be nice too.

I don't consider 15fps smooth though, which many people would. Just saying.
I can't speak for that particular model, but you can see my specs for my htpc below and I use Aeon. I have ZERO performance issues and Aeon snaps between windows.
Its not GPU intensive its CPU intensive the 9400 will be perfectly adequate with the right CPU, XBMC GUI is never going to come anywhere near to maxing out a GPU but it will max out a CPU not up to the job
I have a 8600GT with a AMD Athalon XP 3200+ that runs Aeon fine. 9400M Should do fine.
If your HTPC is using an Atom Dual Core, you will be disappointed. The skin is usable, but there is some lag when comparing to an actual Core 2 Duo or similar processor. It is annoying enough that I choose not to use Aeon at the present time.
Just try it, it only takes a few minutes to get it up and running. To give some perspective, it runs fine on a five year old Athlon with an ATI 3650. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does it run on a 9400M?0