XBMC on REVO not loading library/config
I am running several builds in portable mode, under win7 x64. None of them are loading library and sources, in 95% startups. No xbmc.log is being created when this happens, only when everything works. Win7 is clean install, running only EventGhost and uTorrent.

Tried starting it as administrator, even though it's already configured in the startup shortcut. Checked if logs are created somewhere else, but they are not. Deleted old logs, did not help either.
I'm guessing you are dealing with evil Windows permission problems. Have you tried a default install to see if that works?
I am thinking the same thing. But it does not explain why it fails over intermittently to c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\xbmc. Permissions do not change between the restarts. It looks like something is broken in portable install.

I had to reinstall it as default, and will see how it goes.
zdravke Wrote:I had to reinstall it as default, and will see how it goes.

The only difference between a default and portable installation is that default installation adds the argument "-p" to the target in the Start menu entry for XBMC. That is, if you run xbmc.exe with the argument -p it runs in default mode while running with no argument runs in portable mode. There's no need to reinstall.

JR
One of your shortcuts (or launch methods) might be missing the - p switch?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on REVO not loading library/config0