Default action to take when TV Shows or Movies not added to library
What is the default or recommended action to take?

when you deleted your video library (goal: clean start), scanned your TV Show and Movies folders and come to the conclusion 2 or 3 tv shows were not recognized, they are not showing in the TV Show library.
The default scraper is TheTVDB for TV Shows and TheMovieDB for Movies (using rev31004dx DSPlayer on WinXP SP3).

Options I see:
Simply change the scraper for that root --> scan again --> select NO when asked if you want to scan the whole folder (if you select Yes the library will be cleaned first?).

Or should I go to Settings>Video>Library and in the scrapers section, enable "Fallback based on language" then scan again?

btw I only know 1 alternative Movies scraper, iMDB. Don't know an alternative for TheTVDB. The tvshow I am missing is The Kill Point.
Also missing several movies: most are Chris Rock dvdrips.

EDIT: found the reason XBMC didn't add TV Show "The Kill Point". Renaming the folder "The Kill Point [2007]" to "The Kill Point" and scan the tv show folder again --> immediately added to library Smile
But the question still stands for movies.
An easy way is to just go into files view, find the one that doesn't scan, and TVShow/Movie Information on that file/folder.

Choosing another scraper probably won't do much good.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default action to take when TV Shows or Movies not added to library0