VoxCommando with XBMC on Linux - A Tutorial
Hello friends,

I have posted a tutorial at the VoxCommando forums for setting up and using VoxCommando to control XBMC running on a Linux box. The key difference here being, there is no Windows box involved, at least not in the physical sense!

Click the link below and read on to find out how you can do it -

VoxCommando with XBMC on Linux - A Tutorial

I'd appreciate it if Linux users can try this and post your feedback here or at the VoxCommando forum.

cheers

-Ajith
Im suprised you didn't get any feedback on this yet.. I will give it a try and see what happens.. I am using linux live.
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

I'm not that surprised. This method has some serious drawbacks imo.
It still uses a Windows license, and adds significant, unneeded, load by adding an extra OS.
wilson.joe Wrote:Im suprised you didn't get any feedback on this yet.. I will give it a try and see what happens.. I am using linux live.

I'm glad atleast someone read my post Smile
So how did it go?
Banjer Wrote:I'm not that surprised. This method has some serious drawbacks imo.
It still uses a Windows license, and adds significant, unneeded, load by adding an extra OS.

I agree about the need for a Windows license being a drawback.

However, RAM is cheap and "load" was hardly felt in my experience. This may be because the Windows OS is just sitting there idle most of the time, waiting for you to say something Smile
i concurrently did the same type of thing when i came across this when it first came out, but my vm runs on my mac. I'd love to find a text to speech alternative voxcommando could talk with on xbmcbuntu, so hint you smarter guys Wink
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VoxCommando with XBMC on Linux - A Tutorial0