• 1(current)
Zbox hd-id11
Hi,

Zotac release a new video yesterday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FFK5xU3KM

Which show us, that the final design have a fan inside.

Some shops in Germany show a releasedate around the 17.05.
I will buy one Smile and i hope the fan isn't to loud.

Can someone tell me a good USB-IR Receiver, that works with Logitech Harmony?
Thats a shame (about the fan).
Man all the articles I read said these new Intel chips are passive and Zotac puts a fan on this...

I guess i don't have to wait for this one now.

XBMC seemed to run pretty smooth on it.
About IR receiver, I bought HP OEM one from ebay, seller ask for $13.99 I think, and I offered $10, accepted, and works very well with Harmony 520 and 880
magnetik Wrote:Thats a shame (about the fan).
I agree, fan=no sale, it's just not that much better than a first-gen ion system.
I wish they could have been a little more honest about this upfront, the information we had certainly led us to believe these would be fanless devices.
teaguecl Wrote:I wish they could have been a little more honest about this upfront, the information we had certainly led us to believe these would be fanless devices.

Depending on how fast Shuttle move with their XS-35 ION2 unit to market we could customers voting with their cash.

I can understand Zotac's thinking - it's much cheaper to use a cooling fan than machining heavy heatsinks into custom case designs...
LOL. This ad is a free promotion for the xbmc-stuff... that's cool.

I would like to see more companies which promote xbmc.

However, xbmc is opensource, and its the best frontend ever made. Laugh

@Zotac: Next time-> Without fan, but with including ram and hdd.
ubuntuf4n Wrote:LOL. This ad is a free promotion for the xbmc-stuff... that's cool.

I would like to see more companies which promote xbmc.

However, xbmc is opensource, and its the best frontend ever made. Laugh

@Zotac: Next time-> Without fan, but with including ram and hdd.

XBMC has contributed to sell a lot of ION systems, no doubt about that and it has contributed in getting a lot of Windows users to try out Linux (because of VDPAU and XBMC Live).

I agree with the 'no fan' argument but I disagree about including RAM and HDD, it's much better each user can decide for himself, some people have leftover HDD and/or RAM from other projects or prefer a SSD.

On avsforum is a thread that is keeping track of HTPC related ION2 news (might be worth keeping an eye on, too):
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1231833
You know I was reading today that the new ion2's have this energy saving thing where it switches to the basic video card when it doesn't need to play HD stuff. I'm wondering if this will cause some issues?
Seems the XS35 gets released at Computex next month...

http://www.shuttle.eu/news/view/shuttle-...488e0b/29/

I read "The world’s smallest 1-liter slim PC with next-generation NVIDIA® ION 2 graphics and a slim optical drive bay for internal DVD drives will also be unveiled." - as the XS35.
BORIStheBLADE Wrote:You know I was reading today that the new ion2's have this energy saving thing where it switches to the basic video card when it doesn't need to play HD stuff. I'm wondering if this will cause some issues?

That's Nvidia Optimus technology, but it's only on netbooks and only if the manufacturer decides to implement it, I doubt anyone will implement that on mobos and mini-PCs.
ion_man Wrote:That's Nvidia Optimus technology, but it's only on netbooks and only if the manufacturer decides to implement it, I doubt anyone will implement that on mobos and mini-PCs.

Thanks for the info.
if they design it with xbmc in mind
why they would NOT include an IR receiver is beyond me
tehsoul Wrote:if they design it with xbmc in mind
why they would NOT include an IR receiver is beyond me

Are they really making these things for us running XBMC? I thought we are a minority in the ION market.
I wonder if you need the hard drive ? Can you boot off SD card ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zbox hd-id114