XBMC doesn't read skins from skins folder
Hi there,

I can't for the world of it get XBMC to read skins from $HOME/Application Support/XBMC/skin. I guess there must be some setting where to load the skins from, but I can't find it anywhere in the forums. I've copied a couple of skins to the aforementioned folder, but to no avail. Sad
Okey, so it only happened when using the nightly builds from http://sshcs.com/xbmc/. But there must still be away to change where the settings are loaded from?
In newer builds the skin must be in addons folder and have a description.xml file.
Add also "skin." Before skin name. Wink
Man, I'd offer you my first born, but it's too late now. Damn, you're away from nightlies for a month and you're screwed!
It doesn't need "skin." in front of the foldername. The foldername, however, SHOULD match the id for consistency. The only requirement of the id is that it's unique. The "skin." in front simply aids in sorting like things together.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ah, got it. It's up and running now and I'm all perky and excited! Finally I've got things set up on all my new computers. Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC doesn't read skins from skins folder0