Video Diagnostics Info
Hi All,

Can some one please point me in the right direction to find out what all the info means when you bring up video diagnostics?

e.g.

D(Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 6 channels s16) P(aq:99%, kB/s:377.82)
D(Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720) P(vq:62%, dc:ff-h264, Mb/s:3.08, drop:86, pc:none) etc

Some of it is obvious but some of it I can't work out. I am sure it must be in the wiki or forums somewhere but haven't been able to find it searching either source. I am not asking someone to rewite what already exists, just point the way to it if you know.

Thanks
Bump?
A quick search for "video diagnostics" found http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65582. Further searching on more specific terms might shed further light.

JR
Thanks JR

I had viewed that thread before posting my initial query.

What I really need to work out is what the kB/s:377.82 part is referring to and haven't been able to find that on a search. I know that it is obviuosly a data speed but of what data movement? e.g if I am streaming content is it in relation to download or something to do with data being processed?
No it is your audio bitrate

Same goes for the Mb/s:3.08 which is your video bitrate in that case.
MaxHeadroom Wrote:Thanks JR

I had viewed that thread before posting my initial query.

What I really need to work out is what the kB/s:377.82 part is referring to and haven't been able to find that on a search. I know that it is obviuosly a data speed but of what data movement? e.g if I am streaming content is it in relation to download or something to do with data being processed?

Your audio bitrate
Thanks guys really appreciated

So when I have problems when streaming content and the aq (which I understand to be cahe) drops down to zero. Am I correct in understanding that the Audio Bitrate is not streaming fast enough?

I have an average 12 Mps download so that would be annoying
aq is the audio cache, so yes it indicates that it hasn't got enough data.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks jmarshall.

It might be useful to have all this info on the diagnostics in the Wiki if someone with the knowledge has time?
Hopefully my final question on this. I am experiencing buffering issues where the aq or vq (as below) drops to 0%. This seems to generally occur when streaming from the web. Can anyone advise how to confirm if this is in relation to processing power or lack of speed on the incoming stream?

D(Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 6 channels s16) P(aq:99%, kB/s:377.82)
D(Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720) P(vq:62%, dc:ff-h264, Mb/s:3.08, drop:86, pc:none) etc
aq is the audio queue and vq is the video queue, those are buffers for the encoded audio and video data, if those are at 0%, then there's no data to decode.
This is usually because the data can't be read fast enough, which is a common occurrence when streaming from the web.

The official name of what you call the video diagnostics is the "codec info".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Diagnostics Info0