Roadmap and release date
Hello,
There are a roadmap and release dates of the various versions?
When will the new version?

Thanks
http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap
mason Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap
So put simply "3 Years"
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
or, if you read the due date at the top of that page, it's "8 days"
ali B Wrote:or, if you read the due date at the top of that page, it's "8 days"

Well I can tell you know its not going to be 8 days Tongue
damn Wink
then? what's missing? :confused2:
Jezz_X Wrote:Well I can tell you know its not going to be 8 days Tongue

slightly more accurate than 3 years tho... Wink
lona79 Wrote:then? what's missing? :confused2:

Well, Beta testing for one thing. The general rule goes like this: Devs decide they've added enough features, so they put a freeze on adding new ones. Then they attempt to clean up all the bugs they know about. Then a beta is released. A new round of bug crunching occurs.

Etc, etc. When there appear to be no more bugs, a release occurs.
ali B Wrote:or, if you read the due date at the top of that page, it's "8 days"
yeh read the wrong date, sorry bout that.
But if you believe it will be out in the next 8 day's then you will believe anythingLaugh
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
wow... sounds like it's going to be a kick a$$ release! keep up the great work guys!
Quite a few things on the roadmap for 1.05 will not make the release. Atleast the PVR functions won't as stated by the dev's in anohter topic.

Would be surprised if ProjectM 2 or Python 2.6 make it either.
Zeron Wrote:Quite a few things on the roadmap for 1.05 will not make the release. Atleast the PVR functions won't as stated by the dev's in anohter topic.

Would be surprised if ProjectM 2 or Python 2.6 make it either.

Indeed the Addons merge has been kicking our arse Smile so we need to make sure its in and going
I want to know who bloody writes the roadmap. It's certainly not developers.

As indicated above, it'll be done when it's done. And no, python2.6 and ProjectM 2 are not going to be there, and nor is PVR stuff.

10.05/6 will include the addons stuff and whatever else is in SVN and that's it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I want to know who bloody writes the roadmap. It's certainly not developers.

As indicated above, it'll be done when it's done. And no, python2.6 and ProjectM 2 are not going to be there, and nor is PVR stuff.

10.05/6 will include the addons stuff and whatever else is in SVN and that's it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Heh, sounds like a good question.

So will PVR be in a incremental release or is that being pushed back to the next major release? Also what about the JSON and "improved" httpd server, last I heard the JSON stuff was mostly done and sounded like it would be rolled out with this release, but with everything being stalled with the addons merge it might not make this release.

I'm guessing the best way to keep up with progress and such is simply reading the commit logs as the roadmap isn't maintained by the developers? Fair enough.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Roadmap and release date0