Confused about Aeon, where to begin?
I installed Aeon last year when it was released and enjoyed it, but went back to PM3.HD as it had a few features like favourites that I use all the time. From what I can tell from github the original Aeon project hasn't really evolved since last April but I see there are tons of mods and Aeon forks etc. available to try.

My question is, where do I begin? Is there an official or even semi-official fork that represents the "latest and greatest" for Aeon, or will I have to fool around with all dozens of mods individually to experience what Aeon can offer today?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks much!
ATM there are two flavors of Aeon that are more developed than the original.
I recommend on of these:

[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55600

If you want to use this one, use the XBMC setup in the first post. As you need a newwer build than Camelot (stable Release).

[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM232
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58081

I dont use this one allthrough its a great mod. So dunno about XBMC version requirements etc.
I'm in the same boat as Hauser, but I'm confused about ekim232's mod. The last few posts mention initial releases, as if it's not out yet, which doesn't make sense.
And in the updates ekim232 says the mod was tested with svn 22516. Is that svn current, and is it what I should try to run this on? Or is it stable on the 28256 OSX build? Thanks much.
zheacker Wrote:I'm in the same boat as Hauser, but I'm confused about ekim232's mod. The last few posts mention initial releases, as if it's not out yet, which doesn't make sense.
And in the updates ekim232 says the mod was tested with svn 22516. Is that svn current, and is it what I should try to run this on? Or is it stable on the 28256 OSX build? Thanks much.

My original Aeon mod has been stopped. That was the rev. I tested and built it on. I recommened using Camelot to stay stable and use the aeon_fixed font set. I have a new version of coming out where I used Aeon as the skin base, but have added and changed A LOT. I am calling it Legacy Dark. There was a prerelease thread before the lightening strike rolled the forums back and I have not had time to reup it.

Please understand the DJH first created Aeon and left it kind of unfinished in a sense. MODs are what have carried this skin on. I would describe DJH's stark releases as way out of date and unstable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confused about Aeon, where to begin?0