[LINUX] Crash upon unplugging MCE IR Receiver
Running Ubuntu 9.10, Aspire Revo 1600. I have an MCE remote (with lirc) that I share between two machines (I know.. I know... I ordered another one last night).

If I unplug the IR receiver from the Revo, the machine locks. I can get around in Linux, but I don't know a ton about it... Is there a proper way to dismount the Reciever through XBMC or Putty that will keep the machine from locking?

Thanks in advance!
Doctor, Doctor. It hurts when I do that...
i use ubuntu 9.10 and xbmc camelot and have had no trouble with the IR locking up... don't even need to touch LIRC as it *should* work outta the box with xbmc...

i can plug/un-plug all day long!

so which version of xbmc do you use? maybe time for an update....
gobbledigook Wrote:i use ubuntu 9.10 and xbmc camelot and have had no trouble with the IR locking up... don't even need to touch LIRC as it *should* work outta the box with xbmc...

i can plug/un-plug all day long!

so which version of xbmc do you use? maybe time for an update....

I am also using Camelot AFAIK. This may not be an XBMC issue. I will check tonight, but I believe the system will likely lock regardless of whether I am in XBMC or not.
have you replicated the issue?

if you are using up to date build then you should not need to touch LIRC... so maybe this is the trouble?

Maybe purge LIRC and xbmc and just re-install xbmc (i believe LIRC is included, hence the working outta the box comment Smile ) This should get rid of any configuration changes you have made in LIRC and see what happens!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Crash upon unplugging MCE IR Receiver0