Single click and picture for ripped dvds?
hi there,

i've read 30 pages of this forum, and can't see the answer so here goes.

i have a large dvd collection ripped to hd as 1:1 exact copies. i've successfully pointed my "my videos" to their location, and i'm presented with the directory listing, which consists of a folder for each dvd. the dvd pictures are displayed how i want (via a folder.jpg in each folder). to play each dvd i enter the folder, enter the video_ts sub-folder, and select the video_ts.ifo to play each dvd.

is there anyway i can have a listing of each dvd with its picture, and only have to click the picture/icon to play it?

i've tried puttting an smb entry for each directory and adding that to "my videos", but you still have to manually select the video_ts.ifo file.

if i could add a picture to playlist files, i could put all my playlists in a single directory, and use that directory as the default for "my videos" - is this possible, or am i barking up the wrong tree?

ta very much.
not currently possible as your dvds lie in directories.

i'm sure this sort of thing could be added at some stage though.

in particular, it would be done using the database features.

one thing you might want to try is finding the movie info for one of your dvds (white button on it's folder) then switch to title view.

does it show up with a thumb (it won't be yours, it'll be the one downloaded from imdb).

if so, then it's a matter of getting it to use the appropriate icon.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'll try later when i get home.

am i right in thinking i cannot assign a different icon/picture to a playlist?

thanks for the response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Single click and picture for ripped dvds?0