XBMC-live ION r3610 smooth playback 24p help
Information 
Have made a few post in here but none so far have come with a solution. So i have tried some new things and now i got a few new questions Big Grin. I know following is abit long but i hope some have the time to read it.

First of all I have messed around in xorg.conf, nvidia drivers and alsa sound and i dont think the problem is here.

Iam running with 1920x1080 in 24hz,50hz and 60hz. Modes taken from the TV's EDID (Panasonic PX80 resolution is only 720 but can take a 1080p24 signal). The sound is being downmixed to stereo and sent to the TV through HDMI.

My Acer R3610 is setted to 512 mb for the GPU in bios and got 4 gb ram installed. Besides i got a 1gbit wired system to my network drive(can transfer with over 30mb/s). I have made sure that cpu and gpu isn't being throttled or being to hot.

My problem is my mkv files which is running 23.976Hz. It is possible to play a movie without any frame drop right? (except at the beginning). Because i get like 1-6 framedrops besides the ones in the beginning. I got one movie that runs without any frame drop out of 15 mkv movies and i cant see any major difference in mediainfo.

I ran a debug in the background and in the log i had a lot of pullup correction but i also had this warning at about same time the drop came:

WARNING: Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet.

Another thing. In xbmc when i press "o" for the stats i noticed the the pc(pattern correction) is swinging between none and 24. If i play an 23.976 avi file the pc is swingning between none and 1 and my avi files doesn't seem to drop any frames.

EDIT: AVI files is dropping frames too.

So help needed. ^^
And have you read through this thread?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068
Yep has been through all those steps with no problems :/
there is no fix for avcodec error so far, lots of threads about it on the forum.

WARNING: Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet.

at least i havent found the answer so a few frame drops is to be expected.
curious as to what the impact of this is, I have the 3610 running on linux and have no issues playing 720/1080p mkv's @ 24hz with no observable issues. I followed a post here which basically allows XBMC to switch between 24/50/60 to match the source file, for example when in the menu my TV is running 1080p/60 but the minute I run one of my many mkv's files it always switches to 1080p/24 (my tv shows the change in the corner briefly) I am happy to share any info such as my xorg.conf if that helps, it could be I do srop frames but it doesnt show up when Im watching
Acer Revo 3610 : 2GB RAM : 320GB HDD : Ubuntu 10.4.1 : XBMC dharma final : Sony Bavia 40" over HDMI
You can check the dropped frames by pressing "O" and just before the movie is finished you can check it again. If you could post your xorg.conf i would appreciate it. And you havn't setted sync to audio clock/ video clock or something like that right?. And if you would be kind enough to tell me a little about if you are using xbmc-live/ nvidia version and such.

This is my xorg.conf btw.

http://pastebin.com/ZdzBZxTi

But my problem is only in 23.976Hz (expect one 1080p mkv). 25fps movies is running fine (got a few 1080p) ones. So iam not sure what to conclude iam getting more and more confused :/. Beginning to doubt that the acer even is capable of sending a right 23.976 signal Sad
I'm having the same problem but I'm now using the default script that set's it on 50 Hz. I don't see the difference but my juddering is gone.

Ps. It was only noticeable when the camera was standing still and a big object was moving. (Highbitrate)
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC-live ION r3610 smooth playback 24p help0