music thumbs
hi all

i do not use xbmc much for music but i still enjoy using xbmc for music

something i find strange is that when i go to an album (i do not enter the album) there is no thumb (picture) but once i enter the album and look at the songs i see a thumb appear, so why does a thumb appear for songs but not the album?

this does not happen with all albums, just some, and some albums and songs have the wrong thumb

i hope someone can help me with this

thank you
i love xbmc
You'll need to be more specific. I'm assuming you're using Files view, browsing your music folder. And I'm going to further assume that you have a folder structure where all the songs from a common album are in an album folder? Am I correct?

When you enter the album folder, Xbmc will read all the tags for the songs, and display the thumb for the song. But the album folder shouldn't get a thumb unless it has a folder.jpg or cover.jpg file in it. The folder *may* inherit a thumb from one of the songs if all the album tags are the same.

But whatever thumb is displayed, you put there. If some songs have the wrong thumb, its because they have a wrong embedded thumb.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
oh thank you

what was wrong was i did not know i had to have pictures inside the album, i thought what happened with albums was that it just grabbed the thumbs from a scraper or something

i am now downloading thumbs for all my albums

thank you
i love xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music thumbs0