Question about white background
A reall picky question about the defauly white background....

It has some kind of gradient effect, with different tones of white. If I look on my pc I can actually see "lines" across the screen where the next tone of white is used. This is especially visible when the dim screensaver kicks in, as it enhances contrast. It kind of looks like only a limited palette is used, is it possible to swap for a more high quality white backdrop?

I searched the files in the backdrops folder and was kind of expecting to find a white picture there but I can't seem to locate it. Is it one of the mask files?

I suspect it is mask.png. When I open it in a picture editor I see it is 8 bits, would a new 16 bits version be better? Problem is I don't know how this effect was made, so I can't copy it?
anyone?
Just checked mine and it's 24BPP.
Redownloaded and checked with other tools and you are right ofcourse, at least if mask.png is indeed the file. I do notice that it is only 640x360, could it be that stretching causes me to see the gradient so clearly? Or is my display not set up correctly? I wouldnt know how to check that last one as I run XBMC on an asrock 330 and didn't have to configure video.

Just thinking...it could also be the default dim screensaver, as it is mostly visible when that kicks in.
Might help -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=gradient
Thanks, that is definitely it! I'll continue there, just shot a picture I'll post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about white background0