XBMC Live USB stick on Apple TV?
Hi All,
Is there a plan to create an official installer/launcher for the USB stick Live version of XBMC on Apple TV? I am just asking because if the hardware is standard (all ATV are the same) then it should be fairly easy to release a Live version that supports it without additional user tweaking or installations required.
But I might be wrong here...
reddeath Wrote:Hi All,
Is there a plan to create an official installer/launcher for the USB stick Live version of XBMC on Apple TV? I am just asking because if the hardware is standard (all ATV are the same) then it should be fairly easy to release a Live version that supports it without additional user tweaking or installations required.
But I might be wrong here...

The issue here is a USB stick Live version of XBMC would require the AppleTV's boot.efi and we cannot distribute that file.
Can you distribrute 99 pieces of the puzzle and let the user find the last piece or is that just asking for trouble?
Well then how about a DIY kit, where it would be up to the users to "find" the file and combine it with the rest? Smile If the patchstick can do it, isn't this similar?
Perhaps this could be incorporated to the ATV Creator as an add-on.
dafranca Wrote:Perhaps this could be incorporated to the ATV Creator as an add-on.

Bruhahahaha, I have other plans that don't require fiddling with disk images and getting them to boot.
davilla Wrote:Bruhahahaha, I have other plans that don't require fiddling with disk images and getting them to boot.

Shocked
davilla Wrote:Bruhahahaha, I have other plans that don't require fiddling with disk images and getting them to boot.

I also would be interested in a XBMC live on atv... I'm only using the atv for xbmc.
curlyjs Wrote:I also would be interested in a XBMC live on atv... I'm only using the atv for xbmc.
Hold your hourses.... davilla might bring a facility to the launcher or(better) he came though an exploit on ATV.
Time will tell.
It's definately possible. efi injection is easy, but the current patchstick creator is for making disk images. Therefore unless users injected it themselves (which isn't too challenging), we'd have to make a UI to download the firmware, download XBMC Live for aTV, and inject boot.efi.

Hi, any updates on your plans or the project aborted? Just curious...

Thanks
curlyjs Wrote:Hi, any updates on your plans or the project aborted? Just curious...

Thanks

busy with several projects.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live USB stick on Apple TV?0