USB IR Dongle for DirecTV Remote
Hey everyone,

I am trying to set up my computer to use my DirecTV RC64 remote but am having some trouble. I'm trying to use it with my current USB IR dongle but it doesn't seem to be catching any signals. It usually flickers red when the regular remote is used.

I have tried using some codes I found when searching here but none seem to work.

I'm thinking about getting a new IR dongle to see if that'll be a solution. I just haven't been able to find out which one I should get. Does anyone know of one that works with the DirecTV remote, or have any ideas about getting it to work with my current dongle? I don't know much about it; it's a receiver that came with an old Dell media remote.

I appreciate any help you may have to offer. In the meantime, I'll do some more searching!

Best,

StinkPiece
Using a Microsoft MCE Remote USB receiver with my Directv remote here. The code using AV1 is 21972.
Will something like this work?

I'd like to use my Directv remote with XBMC as well, but I currently don't have a MCE IR receiver...

Thanks!
LakersFan Wrote:Will something like this work?

If you are willing to buy off ebay, you have a shot at the best IR receiver:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=hp+ir+r...ver&_rdc=1

Thanks PHG,
Exactly the info I was looking for and it looks like the price is roughly the same. HP is the preferred choice?
LakersFan Wrote:HP is the preferred choice?

By far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB IR Dongle for DirecTV Remote0