Video pauses again when you try to un-pause
gabbott Wrote:What if you drop it down a bit more, maybe around 600? See if that helps. I have mine set to 720 and have not noticed any perceivable lag when starting to scroll.

Yeah I tried a few different settings, 500-650 ish and I can still feel a slight pause when you hold up/down, pg up/pg down on the main listings. It's okish but after using previous builds for so long and it working perfectly, it all feels like a bodge fix, and there's definitley still something wrong with XBMC. Sad
I've been noticing this problem for a while and figured there would be a setting to fix it, but never got around to it. I'm using 720 right now and it is working out great. Thanks for the tip and posting it.
Like JoeSchmoe says, this is more of a bodge than a fix. I can feel the marginal lag the setting adds (which is what that setting is intended for).

Also when you un-pause it's noticeable that the bodge setting is coming into play as it takes longer than normal for the video to start playing again (again very marginal but noticeable).
noikz Wrote:Like JoeSchmoe says, this is more of a bodge than a fix. I can feel the marginal lag the setting adds (which is what that setting is intended for).

Also when you un-pause it's noticeable that the bodge setting is coming into play as it takes longer than normal for the video to start playing again (again very marginal but noticeable).

I think we'll have to come up with a way to easily reproduce and then open a TRAC ticket opened.
gabbott Wrote:I think we'll have to come up with a way to easily reproduce and then open a TRAC ticket opened.

I can reproduce it fairly easily by allowing the video to play for at least one minute before hitting pause. It happens everytime for me under those circumstances Sad
I notice on my Standard 9.11 Live version. That it is more likely to repause.
If the video is originally left paused for a reasonable time.

Ie.

Pause the video for at least 2 minutes, then try to release pause.

Simply pausing and unpausing with little time gap between is less likely to reproduce the issue.

Pete
I have a feeling it's a lirc thing. I actually have 2 remotes hooked up to my machine. The first is detected as HID and never demonstrates this behaviour. The second is a standard MCE remote and always does it.
This problem still in r31520. Can't pause or unpause using MCE, pause pressed virtually twice. remoterepeat not always work. On the same PC mediaportal can pause/unpause fine.
and still in r33580.
has this been reported as a bug?
As always, the debug log will show you exactly why it is doing this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <remoterepeat>800</remoterepeat>
</advancedsettings>

This used to help in advancedsettings.xml, but not anymore.
<remotedelay>4</remotedelay>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:<remotedelay>4</remotedelay>

This works, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video pauses again when you try to un-pause0