audio and video don't sync
I've been fighting this for a month, trying all sorts of things. finally found a solution and wanted to share.

symptoms were that audio and video would get badly out of sync. within 5 minutes of starting a movie, about 3-5 seconds different. also, the video would get jerky, stopping and stuttering. basically, completely unusable. the only good thing was that audio playback was smooth.

media source are video_ts folders stored on a home file server. xbmc installed on a winxp box, but this type of problem can affect other systems. htpc used GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H board with Athlon X2 BE-2400 Brisbane 2.3GHz 45W Dual-Core Processor. the board has built-in ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 graphics with an HDMI plug. I thought I could get an all-in-one system.

turns out the fix to my problems was to get a separate video card. I bet this is common wisdom. wanted to post so perhaps others can search and learn. I chose an XFX HD-435X-YNH2 Radeon HD 4350 card. $40, decent performance, and fanless so no noise.

all is well. Smile
Not sure if you want or can return the card but this is a better card and a better price ($20 while on sale).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...yte%204550

Although i would recommend any Nvidia Geforce 2xx over any ATI for video playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio and video don't sync0