TVDB Scraper issue
kraqh3d Wrote:About three hours ago, I scraped both BSG series from TVDB as "Battlestar Galatica" for the original, and "Battlestar Galatica (2003)" for the new one. (for english.)

And it looks like both "NCIS" and "The Pacific" looks like it should scrape as-is, at least for english. One thing I noticed with TVDB is that the titles of shows have some irregularities when you compare them different languages, and I mean other than translated words. Sometimes they have (year) in them, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they have different characters like ":" versus "-" etc.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know that my location is Japan, but I am an American, and all of my shows are in English. I just had an interesting thought, could it be my ISP? I have found that it is not always reliable for "out of the local area" web sites. I am going to give the nfo file suggestion a try. I will let you all know what happens.

Thanks again,

linesma
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Adding the nfo file worked. I am now able to scrape my shows from TVDB. Thanks for all the help.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Hi,

I hope there is no problem in using this thread for my "tvdb"-problem...

since a few days i can add old (old to be defined a series and episodes older than a few weeks) without any problems. when i now want to add the shortly ago runned episode of "fringe" for example, i only got the epsiode number scraped, but no details...

Can anybody tell whys that?
Thank you all for the responses. I just want to let you know that the nfo file worked. I still can not get shows to scrape with out this file. From the responses I received, it felt like the log file I uploaded was not getting looked at. PLEASE tell me if I am all wet on this assumption. The last thing I want to do is cause trouble. I love the program, and do use the forums for support. If the log file was unhelpful, I apologize profusely for my assumption.

As it stands right now, I have to add a nfo file to every TV shows folder in order to get them to scrape for the first time. Thank you all again for the help with this error or solving by bungling.

linesma
I just figured out my solution.

i have my files named:
Battlestar Galactica (2003).S01E02.Water.avi

it only originally scraped seasons 1 and 2.

so in XBMC, i went to: TV > Battlestar Galactica
then i scrolled down to highlight *All Seasons
then i hit the letter C on my keyboard which pulls up the XBMC menu options. went to TV Information, then clicked refresh
then manually typed in Battlestar Galactica
it did its search and found two options. the 1978 one and 2003

i selected 2003, and it finally automatically scraped the rest of the 4 seasons Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper issue0