"database" files
ember media manager have a lot of variants to show additional files for move to:
movie.jpg
The Net 1995 720p HDTV x264 AC3 5.1-3r1c-cz,eng.jpg
movie.tbn
etc.
i searched wiki and i did not found from which files xbmc makes its databes.
So which sould i use?
So how does it work? Can someone please update wiki or something? I would like to next xbmc release, and i want to prepare my movie library for it Smile
What exactly do you want to know, and what are you trying to achieve?

Using its internal scrapers, XBMC will scrape the filename, or folder name for a file and the search on your chosen scraper to import information relating to that item.

If there is a nfo file available, xbmc will try to grab what it needs from that. You can also have mixed mode nfo's that contain some info and a url pointed to a url to scrape.

Most media managers produce nfo's, thumbs and folder arts. You do not need to use an external media manager it is a personal choice. They can create more problems that they are worth imho, however others love them.
Now it is clear, it was my stupidity that i didn't point out that locations of jpgs (covers, backdrop, etc.) are stored in nfo. Thank you.

I currently use wmc (7) and media browser in it which don't parse file names, but folder names so i didn't get much correct information in XBMC and using amber mm was simplier for me than renaming files, since i do not want to lose information about release group etc. in filename.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59281 this is what i was looking for Smile
Now i see that every variant is allowed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"database" files0